Quest for the Fazzlewood, 1st 29%       29%  [ 6 ]
Quest for the Fazzlewood, 2nd 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Neither, but I want one! 71%       71%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 21

Author

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:45 pm 

A poll to see how many of forum members have a copy of Quest for the Fazzlewood.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:56 pm 

RPG United authors archive - John Van De Graaf

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 pm 

How can you tell who voted? the only people I know for sure who have one are myself and Stormie.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:25 pm 

I have one as well.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:33 pm 

Not me....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:45 pm 

Since I live right here in the area  they were distributed in, I am holding out that I will find one at a garage sale.
It just irratates me that I have the others (the holy trinity), but this one passed me by. What the hell... 8O

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:59 pm 

While this is hardly statistically significant, our poll thus far indicates that the 2nd printing is far more (infinitely more, technically) rare than the 1st.  To order my best seller, "How to lie like deimos3428 with statistics", please send me a Fazzlewood or $1000 USD.  :D

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:01 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:How can you tell who voted? the only people I know for sure who have one are myself and Stormie.

I guess the intent wasn't to indicate who had them, in case members wanted to maintain their privacy, but to see how many Acaeum forum members have copies.

I am curious to see how many 2nd printings are out there.  I suspect that there are very few 2nd print copies around too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:28 pm 

Here's a thought: Who knows for sure if the 2nd printing was actually ever released? Has anyone actually seen a copy? Perhaps there was only a single copy with multiple pages. It is possible the Wintercon VIII copies were leftovers from VII. I think evidence seems to point towards a single printing.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:31 pm 

I have one, and Matthias has one (unless he's since sold it).

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:48 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Here's a thought: Who knows for sure if the 2nd printing was actually ever released? Has anyone actually seen a copy? Perhaps there was only a single copy with multiple pages. It is possible the Wintercon VIII copies were leftovers from VII. I think evidence seems to point towards a single printing.

I wonder if the 2nd print was actually just a copy variation of the 1st print?  Does anyone know the Van De Graaf's?  Perhaps they could shed some light on the actual facts.  Based on the limited information available at the link provided in a prior reply is seems like this module was not produced in significant quantities.  I think that 300-500 is perhaps a little high, or they had a very low survival rate.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:39 am 

Well, there's 4 definite copies so far. I can't count Bock's, since either of mine might have been his before. How many C1/2's, tsojs and ST1's are there comparatively? I still think Fazzle is the "holy grail".
Actually, I did win one in a lot for $41 in 2001, but the seller never shipped it. Probably got talked out of it after the sale by a collector who offered him a bundle. It was Mike Kuo who pointed out the auction to me, actually. You could barely see the corner of Fazzle in the pile, and if you didn't know exactly what it looked like, you'd never know.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:39 am 

I knew them back then and attended, and worked, at both conventions. WinterCon VII was my first convention ever so I can barely recall the module. But they were sold out of the MDG booth area, along with some other stuff - Deck of Many Things publication.

If I had to bet, the module was simply duplicated, possibly with corrections, and bagged for sale. This would have accomplished via photo copy machine. I also highly doubt the printing numbers would have been in the 300-500 range. That seems extremely high for that time period - there were no more that 1200 people =/- at the entire convention, and to think they would have made that many copies simply does not seem to be accurate.

I will make an attempt to track more info down...if I can reach any of the old MDG people.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/