Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:53 pm 

lol ya you have sniped me several times  :D

too many educated buyers out there now lol

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:16 am 

Here's the H-series on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928642278

It really hurts to read through the H1 condition description ...

"All three modules have been 3-hole punched and put together in a 3-ring binder.

Bloodstone Pass: The cover of the box has been cut out and glued to the cover of the binder. The rest of the box is not included. There are no Battle System counters included, although there are some of the ready-to-assemble cardboard buildings (2.5 of the 12 pages that are supposed to be there). The 24 page roster book has been seperated along its perferations and is included (with many pencil notations made across it. The book, besides being 3-hole punched, is is worn and dogearred, but clean and complete."

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:55 am 

ralf toth wrote:It really hurts to read through the H1 condition description ...

One of the great ironies about collecting Dungeons & Dragons is that those who love the game still and collect it are generally searching to buy items that were owned by those who never developed much interest in the game (or just bought the items and never actually played).

My own original copy of Bloodstone Pass only had the Roster Book and Adventure book left (the Roster book filled with in with pencil).

The counters were punched out by me on the first day and I assembled the town shortly thereafter.  (I still remember when I first saw the Battlesystem Box set and Bloodstone Pass for sale at Waldenbooks - I thought it was the coolest thing. . . needless to say, mass warfare suddenly entered the campaign).

Of course, my H1 box was short lived as it didn't stand up to much use (and really, once you actually decided to play the game, everything was best kept in the Battlesystem box).

In a way, it's nice to see someone having creatively put the H series to use (not that I want to buy it. . . .  8)  )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:27 am 

How is the module in the campaign? I am considering playing the H-series as the final chapter of my campaign (in a few years from now). Is it any good?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:57 am 

Ralf. . .well, I honestly don't remember!  When I bought Bloodstone Pass, I was playing in my friend's campaign and not currently running one myself.  Our player's were no where near 15th level anyway, so there was no sense handing it over to the DM to try to use.

So, I used Bloodstone Pass as a "one-shot" adventure to try out the Battlesystem rules and we just used to the pregenerated characters and basic plot line provided.  My memory for actual campaigns that I created or played in is pretty good. . . but these one time modules seem to have all quickly faded from long term recollection.  I guess we had fun. . . I let my DM borrow the Battlesystem and he incorporated it to develop a war that was building in his own campaign world.

I never played H2 or H3.  I ran Throne of Bloodstone the following year - once more as a one time adventure (I don't know where we got the high level characters - I think I had everyone make up the character they always dreamed of and went at it) . . . I know we had fun and they all died before completing it, but as it was not part of a "real campaign" it wasn't taken with the same seriousness - and I really don't recall much.

Anyone else have some better input on this than I do?

:?:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:17 am 

I never used H1. I did use 2-4. They are about what you would expect, extremely powerful monsters, amazing treasure (pair of 800,000 gp. rubies, etc.), and a decent plot line. It's an excellent way to retire, or kill,  characters that have become too powerful to play normally.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Previous