Need Info: TSR D&D Portfolio Folders
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:50 am 

Does anyone know more about the old TSR D&D Portfolio Folders?  I have two of them:  One with 2 adventurers on horseback in the mountains being ambused from above by humanoids, and Two with an adventurer in a red cloak with a red mustache using a sword to fight some creature in a pool in front of him.  Were there other folders like these?   Any information would be very appreciated.  Cheers...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:00 am 

Will, are you talking about folders, binders or ? Let me know if this is one your talking about or I'm mistaken:   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3105666256  Better yet, if you can provide a pic let us know.  PS. I think Allan (grodog) knows something about folders. Fill us in allan when your on. Also Rhea (rshelley) might know about it. I'll give him a call and ask and let you know if I dig anything up.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:59 pm 

It's the folders.  The eBay auction you list has one of them... and it's one I don't have...  :lol:  If Scott wants to add these types of items to the Acaeum, I'll gladly provide digital pics of the two I have.   I remember once seeing a note that TSR produced or licensed a D&D candle making kit.  That just sounds too funky for words...  has anyone seen one of those or even have a pic?   Cheers...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:58 pm 

I've categorized the folders as of the "doesn't interface with the game directly" variety.  I can see the TSR Lunchbox crowd (you know who you are) watching the outcome of this thread with interest.  :)  Foul

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:50 pm 

And the skateboards..... dont forget the skateboards.  Cheers, Malcolm

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:48 pm 

I have two of the binders. One is the red robed fighter that Will mentioned, the other has the player handbook idol picture.  I saw the candle making kit on ebay not too long ago. It may still be up, but i couldnt locate it  :cry:   ttyl,  Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:12 am 

There is such a thing as D&D lunchboxes?   8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:01 am 

Aaron has a candle kit on his website I believe unless its gone but it should still be there. Lets not forget all the coloring books tsr made and the lp read along albums.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:15 pm 

I first saw the candle kit on Aaron's site.  I thought about it for a while, went back to the site to buy it and then it was gone.  Oh well, we all know what happens to he who hesitates...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:27 am 

Hmm wow the candle kit is gone on Aaron's site? I thought I still saw it some weeks ago. Hmm, I guess he has lots of traffic on his site.  I dunno if it was worth buying because it was pretty expensive and the condition was so so. I wonder if he still has that defender set. Its like some armor and pads that you can wear. For little kids to dress up and all.  A tsr product :-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:51 pm 

I have two spiral notebooks that go along with the one of the folders. All were published by St. Regis Press. What I find most peculiar about these items is the cover art is so unlike all other product lines. I suppose St. Regis was licensed by TSR to make them. They are labeled as Playing Aids so I think they were intended to function as storage folders for character sheets, etc and the spiral notebooks were for adventurer notes. I am guessing targeting the players of the group. And for those nerds out there you might have used them for school. :wink:   Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:11 pm 

I just picked up another one of these folders.  This one had a fighter-type on a cliff fighting off a dragon (?).  Does anyone know of any other ones?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:18 pm 

The folders were a license item from St. Regis. They did a lot of school supplies -- folders, binders, etc.  They supplied the art although it had to pass through TSR for approval. I still have the one with the mustachioed fighter. I've also got an TSR Periodicals folder and a red cover Sales folder from way back.   David "Zeb" Cook

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:31 pm 

Hello David,  Please consider introducing yourself in the introduction thread. Let us know what other goodies you have from way back and dont leave anything out. :wink:  :D   Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:26 pm 

Hey Adam---  IIRC you asked for some info about my Darlene TSR Periodicals folder some time back (in some thread, somewhere).  What were you looking for?  I don't have a scanner, so I can't scan it :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:41 am 

Hey Allan, send it to me and I will scan it for you. You can trust me. Why would I want your photocopied stuff anyways right? 8)   If anyone could scan a picture of the folers, periodical folders, etc it would be nice so some of us can see the different ones. Thx

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:11 pm 

If I get around to buying a scanner, Mike, you'll be the first to know :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/