Zenopus Archives: Holmes Basic website & blog - updates
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:06 pm 

Posted another set of areas for this dungeon a few days ago:

Areas #14-16: Rail Tunnel

And I've started drafting the next area(s) to be posted. About 2/3 of the dungeon is now complete.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Last edited by Zenopus on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:47 pm 

Like the rail tunnel, and the navigation links!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:54 am 

Thanks, brute!

I've posted one more area since my last update:
Area #17: Holding Area

And I recently realized that I never finished up my Gary Con XIV (2022) report, so I just posted a belated third installment covering Saturday and Sunday.

Here is the complete series:

Day 1: Thursday

Day 2: Friday

Days 3 and 4: Saturday and Sunday

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:05 pm 

Thanks for the link, by which I learned that what I assumed was a large flat-panel display on screensaver mode is actually a window. Us D&D players sometimes require a nudge in the right direction to distinguish the fantasy world from the outside world.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:49 pm 

Ha! I can see that now. The Legends of Wargaming hall and the one next to it buck the trend of the typical windowless caverns that most con games take place in.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 am 

Zenopus wrote in Zenopus Archives: Holmes Basic website & blog - updates:Ha! I can see that now. The Legends of Wargaming hall and the one next to it buck the trend of the typical windowless caverns that most con games take place in.

I thought that was the typical windowless cavern and LoW splashed out on a huge Oled backdrop.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 3:00 pm 

Today on the Zenopus Archives blog, a new post: "The Forgotten Smugglers' Cave: Setting Up the Adventure", which describes how to introduce it into your campaign setting. Includes an NPC and rumors.

The Forgotten Smugglers' Cave: Setting Up the Adventure

Previous