Paul Stormberg please mail me!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:46 am 

Paul,
your minis are here. Unfortunately i lost all my old mail in a computer crash, incl. our correspondence and your email adress. Please contact me.

Frank   
email : dyx at gmx dot net

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:39 pm 

Since this thread is addressed to Paul I can't help adding a little good-natured ribbing...

The latest stormber win:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

Paul, you already have the actual painting but you had to have the poster too?  
:wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:51 pm 

I had this auction on my watchlist and asked my wife to bid approx. $45, which I considered a serious bid. The final result is ... hard to believe ...

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:50 pm 

Ralf -

Me too - I placed a $41 bid late last night, but I didn't think it would hold. I was hoping that maybe all the big guns might be saving their cash for the ST1, and the poster would slide through cheap. But even so... I was thinking it would go for up to $100 or so. I think it reflects more on my poor judgement than the worth of the item though  :)

Regards

Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:34 pm 

We figured the poster would go for $50-$125. Man they went for alot. Oh well, at least we got the Divine Right poster.

BTW:Has anyone contacted invincibleoverlord and asked him to join the forums? Looks like he really goes after the rare items. With him possibly sniping the ST1 who knows what it could go for.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:39 pm 

Nice poster there :D

Still no mail from Paul, though. Paul where are you?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:36 pm 

We too figured the promo posters would go in the range of $50-$100. Notice how most of the gang played sleeper on these gems. We had to seriously reconsider things when Paul won the DMG poster. Our proxy was $250 with a great hope of winning it for maybe $150 at most. Fat chance with it closing for $255.61. We then redirected the funds towards the Basic Set poster paying $361.92. Are you kidding me!, I wonder if it were re-listed on E-bay what it would go for? Things settled down after that. The other 3 posters we won we felt were in more in the range of reasonable, Boot Hill $34, Awful Green Things $83, and my personal favorite The Fight in the Skies for $114.25.
The kicker of the whole thing is we were bidding on shrinked-wrapped items. The seller stated that the posters would be shipped flat and only unwrapped and rolled if specified by the buyer. Guess What!, they came rolled. And when I contacted the seller he claimed he himself shrinked-wrapped the posters to preserve them, and if shipped flat they would have been destroyed. The problem here is there only 24" X 16" easily fitting into even a mid-size box. There's no partial refund from this guy, so it's put up or shut up. We're deciding what to do. We'd love to have these for our upcoming museum. I wonder if Paul's DMG or the Burntwire Boy's Divine Right came rolled as well? Also would anyone know if these promo-posters even came shrink-wrapped, maybe the seller is telling the truth?

Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:00 pm 

We haven't received our poster yet. Since you bought all the others we thought you might want the Divine Right. We also have a 4th Dimension poster.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:11 pm 

Dathon Said:

Wait a minitue Paul has the DMG original painting?!!! Unbelivable I know he was handling the Sutherland collection sale, so if any one should have it he should. He must be close to the family, and I'm shure that if he doe's have it it's being well cared for. It's none of my business but I do wonder what the cost must have been?

Amazing,
Mike

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:36 pm 

Howdy,

dathon wrote:Since this thread is addressed to Paul I can't help adding a little good-natured ribbing...

The latest stormber win:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

:wink:

I'm trying to monopolize the image :P

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:46 pm 

Howdy Mike,

invincibleoverlord wrote:We had to seriously reconsider things when Paul won the DMG poster. Our proxy was $250 with a great hope of winning it for maybe $150 at most. Fat chance with it closing for $255.61. We then redirected the funds towards the Basic Set poster paying $361.92.

I really wanted the Basic Poster but knew that once the DMG poster hit my next bid would be crushed. So I sniped the DMG poster 'cause I knew I'd win it at least. In 1996 or so I bid on a 1980 World of Greyhawk poster in an email-style auction it went for about $256. So I was not surprised at these auctions.

invincibleoverlord wrote:I wonder if Paul's DMG or the Burntwire Boy's Divine Right came rolled as well? Also would anyone know if these promo-posters even came shrink-wrapped, maybe the seller is telling the truth?

He emailed me and said it would be rolled. Not a big deal, it will be safer rolled anyway. Besides I'd just take it out of the shrinkwrap to frame it anyway.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:03 pm 

Howdy Mike,

invincibleoverlord wrote:Wait a minitue Paul has the DMG original painting?!!! Unbelivable I know he was handling the Sutherland collection sale, so if any one should have it he should. He must be close to the family, and I'm shure that if he doe's have it it's being well cared for. It's none of my business but I do wonder what the cost must have been?

Yes, I do own the DMG painting. The link to the story is in this thread about 3/4 throught the second page:

Sutherland Art - What's the True Value?

Auctioning the collection and the DMG cover was a seperate deal. As a matter of fact I did not get anything out of the collection, despite strong desire for several items.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm 

Paul actually has the first diaper that Gary Gygax soiled. I think he has his origianl crib too. If it was within 50 miles of TSR, Paul owns it.
Hmmm, perhaps he's Gary's alter ego...........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:55 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Paul actually has the first diaper that Gary Gygax soiled. I think he has his origianl crib too. If it was within 50 miles of TSR, Paul owns it.

Hmmm, perhaps he's Gary's alter ego...........

While I can't attest to the former claims Frank makes above, I have spoken to Gary in person and to Paul over the phone, and they're not the same person (unless of course Paul has an EGG voice modulator) :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 pm 

Hey Paul!
What about those minis? I have them here now, plus got a holdof two which you wanted but were sold out.
Check your mail or messages on this boards and get back to me about this, please.

Cheers,
Frank

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:57 pm 

Alter egos frequently have different voices.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.