BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 pm 

Super nice looking, Vismore! Nice low shelves to go with the slanted walls, and love the chairs too. Like the map. Thanks for sharing.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 pm 

Great collection and fantastic room, Vismore!  Thank you for sharing the pics and your responses to questions. Hope your gang of adventurers can get back together in person soon.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:51 pm 

I have to say this is my favorite thread.  Partly because it is great to see other huge collections, but mostly because I can use it as proof that I don't have a collecting problem  :twisted:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:12 pm 

seodude wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:I have to say this is my favorite thread.  Partly because it is great to see other huge collections, but mostly because I can use it as proof that I don't have a collecting problem  :twisted:

Em...tried that with the Mrs...failed.

H.

Edit: Post #500...woot!

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 pm 

Working on my collecting merit badge so that one day I can be a Dragon Scout like Mike and Strato......

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tCoC5su ... sp=sharing

this link should work without asking for permission....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:17 pm 

seodude wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Working on my collecting merit badge so that one day I can be a Dragon Scout like Mike and Strato......

Very nice! Terrific collection.
I'm gonna have to try the google drive for mine. Haven't used photobucket in years and now I see they changed everything, bleh

Thanks for sharing
Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 pm 

seodude wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Working on my collecting merit badge so that one day I can be a Dragon Scout like Mike and Strato......

You know, I feel so inadequate all of a sudden.  How many white boxes did I see there?  In all seriousness, very nice indeed.  

Thanks for sharing.

-SKA

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:32 pm 

Very nice collection of foreign and UK items there!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 am 

I like the 4 UK basic softcovers. I love that book. I had one in NM condition and couldn't bring myself to break the spine and read it. So eventually I sold it, but it feels like a really great size to play with at the table, especially if you're only playing low level games.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 am 

Wow.  Very nice collection and the duplicates!  How long did it take you to collect it?  And all the UK books, how did you come across so many?

Thanks for sharing that.  Love seeing all this stuff.

Vismore

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:55 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:I like the 4 UK basic softcovers. I love that book. I had one in NM condition and couldn't bring myself to break the spine and read it. So eventually I sold it, but it feels like a really great size to play with at the table, especially if you're only playing low level games.

Wait, 4 UK soft covers?  Ive only seen two, the PHB and MM.  There’s more to collect?  A great day.  Enlighten me.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:53 am 

Vismore wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Wait, 4 UK soft covers?  Ive only seen two, the PHB and MM.  There’s more to collect?  A great day.  Enlighten me.

Check out this Acaeum link:

Foreign Editions Master List

Basic Rulebook and Basic Rules are two additional UK softcovers.  The Basic Rulebook is very hard to find, especially in collectible condition, but the Basic Rules booklet is more readily available.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 am 

My Bad. I meant the Basic Rules Mentzer Red book.
Although the black mickey mouse rulebook is also a great item if you can find it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:53 pm 

I am American but have residence in Netherlands so I spend a lot of time in Europe.  
I brought back 130lbs of luggage and 80 lbs was D&D stuff 8-)

It was a dream D&D location for collecting the UK stuff as it was a few euros in postage and no customs.....
And then Brexit, and now everything from UK gets customs and ridiculous postage because ebay controls the payment of both.  So what used to cost 10 pound to send, now cost 50 pounds.

So I will concentrate on German, French, Italian, & Spanish versions which still cost almost nothing to send to NL.  About half of UK sellers will send it black(no customs & normal postage) so I can still work on getting the 1977 UK Basic Rulebook(looks at Mike) which is the only UK item of note I still need(unless 2nd print softback PH & MM exist, which I am now doubting).

I am also available from D&D mule services if someone needs something(hopefully small and light) moved from USA to EU or EU to USA.  Right now my luggage is being filled with levis jeans (levis cost like 100 euro in NL), TastyKakes, Snyder's Buffalo Wing flavored pretzel pieces, and Goldenberg's peanut chews for my Dutch friends(can you guess where I am from?).

And if travel to Europe ever becomes an option and anyone is planning an Amsterdam visit drop me a note.  Spiel is only 2 hours away by train 8-)

Joe

ps Selling some dupe sets, manuals and shrink wraps on ebay right now(see classified).  I pulled them out before taking the collection pics so the ebay stuff is not shown in the collection pics.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 am 

Here is my foray into the Google drive... Its as complete as I have time for now.  All pictures were taken with an iPhone SE (2020).  If anything, you can see some nice cover art.

The Hoard - Google Drive

Thanks mike for being my tester.  Much appreciated.

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Here is my foray into the Google drive... Its as complete as I have time for now.  All pictures were taken with an iPhone SE (2020).  If anything, you can see some nice cover art.

The Hoard - Google Drive

-SKA

How lovely! Thank you for doing this!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:19 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Here is my foray into the Google drive... Its as complete as I have time for now.  All pictures were taken with an iPhone SE (2020).  If anything, you can see some nice cover art.

The Hoard - Google Drive

-SKA

So interesting to look through! Trying to find my favourite picture now

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm 

The Hoard - Google Drive

-SKA

I hate being out shrink wrapped.....
Time to buy more  :twisted:

PreviousNext