BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 pm 

misterspock wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:
chromaticknight wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:I tried a couple other sites with the same or worse results. Any suggestions?

I am able to view it. It's a pinball machine on the left, boxes all over the floor and the shelves in the back. Photobucket this put up a stupid ad that I was able to close and then see the photo again

I can't see it on the acaeum page btw. Just when I open the link in a new window

Great!! Glad you can see it. I hate the ad part and no visible image on the site.

cgould42 wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:I am able to see it if I open in a new window as misterspock indicated.
That is a lot of box sets! I am particularly impressed with the number of Holmes sets you have. As I recall you are a printing collector. Are those all separate printings?

Cheers,
Curt

Thanks! Yes I am a print collector. A couple of those are duplicates. Part of this process is to reduce those duplicates. I count 20 US Holmes sets. A few are not on the shelf yet. Sorry we never got to meet when I was in Everett. Maybe another trip in my future.

stratochamp wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:That's more Holmes sets than I have! That's going to look very nice when you've unboxed everything.

Thanks! Shelves are almost full now, including the opposite wall. I'm trying to decide/design the third wall now.

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:27 pm 

Look great, Mike, would love to see pics when it's all completed too! :D

My office is still a mess, as is the game room in teh basement (where Black Blade convention stock is also stored), but I've been working on the office on and off for several weekends recently, and hope to have it in more-presentable shape by the time the holidays conclude (this year ;) ).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:57 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:That is so awesome it deserves its own theme song.  8O

It needs an adventuring party to raid the hoard. Who's with me?  :D

ImageImage

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:30 pm 

grodog wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Look great, Mike, would love to see pics when it's all completed too! :D

My office is still a mess, as is the game room in teh basement (where Black Blade convention stock is also stored), but I've been working on the office on and off for several weekends recently, and hope to have it in more-presentable shape by the time the holidays conclude (this year ;) ).

I hope to have the opposite wall completed and mostly stocked this weekend. I will try to post more pics.

@Grodog post more pics when you get the office finished. That goes for everyone else who has updated their stash also.

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:
grodog wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:@Grodog post more pics when you get the office finished. That goes for everyone else who has updated their stash also.
Mike

I would, but my stash is too messy.  :(  :oops:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 pm 

Second wall, mostly filled.

Mike

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:46 pm 

cgould42 wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:I am able to see it if I open in a new window as misterspock indicated.
That is a lot of box sets! I am particularly impressed with the number of Holmes sets you have. As I recall you are a printing collector. Are those all separate printings?

Thanks! Yes I am a print collector. A couple of those are duplicates. Part of this process is to reduce those duplicates. I count 20 US Holmes sets. A few are not on the shelf yet. Sorry we never got to meet when I was in Everett. Maybe another trip in my future.

I've never seen so many Holmes sets in one place. I'd love to get a close-up of the Holmes shelf, perhaps with a list of what each printing is. I'd feature it on my blog with your permission.

Z

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm 

Zenopus wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:

I've never seen so many Holmes sets in one place. I'd love to get a close-up of the Holmes shelf, perhaps with a list of what each printing is. I'd feature it on my blog with your permission.

Z

I'll see what I can do this weekend

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:57 pm 

Zenopus:

Apparently I am missing a 5th print. Gotta keep looking.

Mike

edit: I do not have a true first with white box bottom

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:31 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in BRAGGING RITES - Show us yer pics!:Zenopus:

[ Image ]

Apparently I am missing a 5th print. Gotta keep looking.

Mike

edit: I do not have a true first with white box bottom

Very cool  8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 pm 

8O

PDT_Armataz_01_37

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 pm 

Man Cave Pics.

As you can see my taste is a bit more eclectic.

Disco

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm 

Some More.... Sorry about the redness but it is Christmas.

Disco

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:17 pm 

A Few More.

Disco

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm 

Last Ones

Disco

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:15 pm 

My wife and I recently moved and we agreed that the closet under the stairs would be my new man cave. Some shelves later and my collection, which had been in boxes for several years, once again is seeing light.

Not too much to brag about but happy to see it again. Sadly, some things are still in boxes (like the AD&D toys, the Dragon mags, and the JG and other OSR stuff). Perhaps I might get some more real estate soon.

Héctor.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 pm 

Great collection! Thanks for sharing the pics

Mike

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:37 am 

Wow, some lovely books & boxes!  Thanks for posting :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

PreviousNext