Complete!
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:26 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Complete!:Break out the crayons:

Very nice!  Just curious Mike of their condition…. impossible nowadays to find ones that are free of markings.

-Len

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:29 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Complete!:
:lol: Can that be a new badge?? "Therapy-level collector" Thats hilarious

30K Complete Club.   I can picture a leather biker jacket with club patches.  

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:56 pm 

I love it!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Complete!:
Very nice!  Just curious Mike of their condition…. impossible nowadays to find ones that are free of markings.

-Len

The normal sized ones are free from coloring. The large one has several pages colored, but it is near impossible to find in any shape.

Mike

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:58 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_9852.jpg

Happy to be posting again in my favorite thread :)

I've been more or less sitting out of collecting for, I don't know maybe the past two years, and selling off a fair number of doubles and extras to fund some higher education (two away at school as of this fall, an a third soon to follow...)

I decided to make a comeback with the 5e alternate cover books and made it my collecting goal to avoid ebay.  I was able to find all these through game store pick ups and local meetups all around Ontario.  Lots of fun meeting up with gamer-vendors and visiting new stores.  I missed hunting out scarce D&D books... fun to be back at it!  

I understand there were varying print runs and production issues that make some much scarcer than others.  I don't remember seeing this discussed on the acaeum - I would be curious if anyone has any insight into actual print numbers?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 am 

Cool Dave, however it is not complete... I do not see the core books case with alt cover in the pic...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:29 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Complete!:
Attachment:
IMG_9852.jpg

I've been more or less sitting out of collecting for, I don't know maybe the past two years, and selling off a fair number of doubles and extras to fund some higher education (two away at school as of this fall, an a third soon to follow...)

I decided to make a comeback with the 5e alternate cover books and made it my collecting goal to avoid ebay.  I was able to find all these through game store pick ups and local meetups all around Ontario.  Lots of fun meeting up with gamer-vendors and visiting new stores.  I missed hunting out scarce D&D books... fun to be back at it!  

I understand there were varying print runs and production issues that make some much scarcer than others.  I don't remember seeing this discussed on the acaeum - I would be curious if anyone has any insight into actual print numbers?

Nicely done, congrats!

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:53 am 

Attachment:
IMG_9852.jpg

Nice set, I have one myself that I cobbled together via local sales, eBay and just buying them as they've been released. Not much 5e stuff around here, but there are some of us out here!

Do you also have the core book alt set?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:54 pm 

Ah yes, the core book set up is with the rulebooks!  It didn't quite fit on the shelf -  Nmilty helped me with that one, thank you :)

Attachment:
IMG_9982.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:04 am 

Attachment:
IMG_9852.jpg

I have been doing the same thing as well. I’d be interested in any print run details.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:41 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Complete!:Ah yes, the core book set up is with the rulebooks!  It didn't quite fit on the shelf -  Nmilty helped me with that one, thank you :)

Attachment:
IMG_9982.jpg

That is quite the selection of Holmes sets!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:23 pm 

Too long since anyone posted to this thread so here is my complete (for me) White Dwarf magazine set
1-100

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:30 pm 

Very Nice !!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:40 pm 

White Dwarf doesn't get enough recognition.  I think it was a great magazine back in the day, I stopped reading it around 3E.  I just had to look to see if it is still around.  Looks like it is. They look great, congrats.

Is this something you had done for a while Mike or did you just get the last fillers (to 100)?

-SKA

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:02 pm 

That’s a great collection!  Very nice pics :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:25 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Complete!:White Dwarf doesn't get enough recognition.  I think it was a great magazine back in the day, I stopped reading it around 3E.  I just had to look to see if it is still around.  Looks like it is. They look great, congrats.

Is this something you had done for a while Mike or did you just get the last fillers (to 100)?

-SKA

I got the last issue I was missing (#93) in the mail yesterday.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:45 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Complete!:I had given up on completing this set. Thanks David!

What are the 2 daystar items at the bottom of your pic, and why are they not listed in the Acaeum rares, unlike Daystar's Pharaoh and Rahasia?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:56 pm 

Brimstone and Eye of the Dragon are modern publications, using the original materials (when available) and processes.  They were extremely limited publications.  They *technically* don't meet the requirements to be include on The Acaeum.  The Acaeum covers Dungeons & Dragons items produced by TSR up through roughly 1989.  There are some exceptions on The Acaeum, but these two items would be a stretch.

There are some good threads on these two modules, if you are interested:

Eye of the Dragon Photos

Brimstone

Stupidly Rare Non-TSR Products

PreviousNext