Complete!
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 44123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 424344
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:28 am 

TheHistorian wrote in Complete!: I gave up/sold off non-RQ Glorantha, and that helped a bit, especially on small press stuff and zines.

What did you decide about the White Bear Red Moon wargame, or early issues of Wyrm's Footprints? Those seem pretty closely related to early RQ.

TheHistorian wrote in Complete!:And I'm on the fence about the GW versions of a few early Chaosium items. They tend to differ by only a logo so it's hard to decide to care.

I once owned a GW Apple Lane. It is larger in size, similar to other GW & UK products. It also has the name RUNEQUEST spelled in block letters on the cover.

TheHistorian wrote in Complete!:No one ever actually finishes all the (maga)zines for a game (do they?), so that's theoretically still ongoing.

Examining the languages of the ancient, Pre-Cataclysm Earthlings of Planet Terra often depends upon something they called "compound words." For instance, a zine is a periodical publication. Addition of the word maga indicates that the publication is made by professionals on a large scale. Therefore, we may conclude that a "MAGA hat" is a hat produced at a textile factory rather than by a home seamstress. The hostility that some Earthlings felt towards MAGA hats should thus be interpreted as a dispute between large commercial enterprises & home-based industries.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:06 am 

grubbiv wrote:How many books exactly? Do you have a picture of them on display?

Uh, I'd have to count. More than half of a large bookcase. And it depends exactly where one draws the line on what is RQ and what is a separate line derived from it. And if you want to count dedicated magazines. Probably on the order of 400 or so items in the more generous counting.

No current pic. Most is currently in storage. When that situation changes, I'll share pics.

(For comparison, Call Of Cthulhu has spilled past an entire large bookcase.)

sauromatian wrote:What did you decide about the White Bear Red Moon wargame, or early issues of Wyrm's Footprints? Those seem pretty closely related to early RQ.

They're Glorantha, not RQ. I think WF has RQ content starting in issue 4. I also happen to have a 3 because I found one at a reasonable price, but 1 and 2 were never on the list.

sauromatian wrote:I once owned a GW Apple Lane. It is larger in size, similar to other GW & UK products. It also has the name RUNEQUEST spelled in block letters on the cover.

Yeah, there are 7-8 GW versions from that era. The differences are as you described.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 am 

TheHistorian wrote in Complete!:They're Glorantha, not RQ. I think WF has RQ content starting in issue 4. I also happen to have a 3 because I found one at a reasonable price, but 1 and 2 were never on the list.

Then you haven't had to worry about the item that took a long time for me to find: Dragon Pass Conventions, a mail-away booklet about turning White Bear Red Moon into a miniatures wargame.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 pm 

Congrats. Great story. :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:35 pm 

Just a pretty picture of one of my favorite mods, recently complete thanks to an fellow Acaeumite... posting in celebration of Acaeum's 20th, congrats Foul :)

Attachment:
IMG_1417-a.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 am 

Very cool  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:14 pm 

Ah, the feeling of completion. May it happen to me at some point!  :D

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 pm 

This took me longer than I care to remember, but a complete run of Gazetteers in shrink.

Attachment:
GAZ 1 - 14.jpg

-SKA

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 pm 

I'm not a shrink fan, but I even have to admit that is a very pretty sight. Well done!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:40 pm 

Very Nice

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:52 am 

Great, now you can open them all together...  :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:01 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Complete!:This took me longer than I care to remember, but a complete run of Gazetteers in shrink.

That is a a beautiful sight!

Cheers,
Curt

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:23 pm 

Congrats on both of the recent completes!! They look great.

Mike

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Complete!:This took me longer than I care to remember

Just makes it all the sweeter - very nice!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 pm 

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:06 pm 

Here's my weekend Complete!  Reading and organizing the games library for fun these weekend evenings.  I've been revisiting some lines and sorting them and taking pics as I go.  Here are all the Campaign sourcebooks.  I picked up my first of these shortly after starting to collect D&D back in Jan 2009, and the last just last month.  

Attachment:
1.jpg

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Complete!:Here's my weekend Complete!  Reading and organizing the games library for fun these weekend evenings.  I've been revisiting some lines and sorting them and taking pics as I go.  Here are all the Campaign sourcebooks.  I picked up my first of these shortly after starting to collect D&D back in Jan 2009, and the last just last month.  

Attachment:
1.jpg

Nice.  Some of those look like they have never been opened.

-SKA

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:12 am 

I was doing some collection sorting and came across my Dwarven Glory copies so I thought I would post some pics and details for all.  :D

This module is being reprinted yet again, here are all the "vintage prints" with a few notables

Here they are all is there glory (pun intended), 1st through 4th printings with an extra 3rd I picked up by mistake one day LOL

Attachment:
Lot small.jpg

The condition of these is awesome with the first and second being just brilliant, unused and very sharp.  

The second printing with the separate map key is very scarce, it has been along time since one was even offered for sale (iirc).  

The first printing is part the of self described "Fonarow Collection" .  I cant quite remember who Fonarow is but I do remember when Troll & Toad announced they purchased his collection for $100,000.  Anyway I bought it from Troll & Toad as soon as it was offered for sale for a reasonable sum at the time.

Attachment:
first and second small.jpg

I have two 3rd printings, one is notable as it is the artists personnel copy (Morno).  I bought it off Morno himself for a significant sum at the time which was about 3 times the going rate.  It is a beautiful copy overall and he included a Notarized Statement of Authenticity and even added a little personnel sketch with the sale.  This is such a cool item

Attachment:
Morno Copy small.jpg

I actually completed this set many years ago.  I was worth quite a bit when it was purchased.  This would be very hard and real expensive to buy nowadays.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 44123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 424344