Complete!
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm 

Recent fun finds is an interesting thread, no doubt, but more than just finding something cool, I know I get an extra bit of happy when I complete a section of my want list.  So I started wondering what sets others are working on and finishing.

So that's what I want this thread to be - share what you've acquired recently that allowed you to complete something.  Complete is self-defined!  It can be as narrow and easy as "all the U series modules" or really difficult like "every printing of Palace Of The Vampire Queen".  It could be just a few items that you want, even if it's a subset, like "Dragon 101-200" or even finding the last missing piece to complete a single item (those are often the most satisfying).

I'm not sure if others have interest in this idea... or if I've just been lucky enough to cross off several items recently!  (Unless there is a great desire to have two threads, feel free to post non-TSR items here too.)

On to my recent completes:

Polyhedron 137 - completes my pre-3E Polyhedron set

WFRP1 Character Pack, 3rd version - completes my WFRP1 collection

Places Of Mystery IV: Highroad - last Companions book I was looking for

Adventurer 10 - last issue I was looking for

MC14 - last MC series I was looking for

The Unspeakable Oath 2 - completes the set

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm 

My recent completed search/series:

- All Chivalry & Sorcery RPG material. The last one missing was Ardenn that I just bought from TFM.

- Behind Ennemy Lines: complete the series with my last purchase of ... Until Relieved

- Rêve de Dragon (a French medfan RPG from 80's) with 2 "rare" modules: A l'heure du vaisseau and La cité des 13 plaisirs

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 pm 

I have been trying to finish off a few series but generally progress is slow:

High Fantasy
Silverdawn
a few other small press series :)
WEG & WotC Star Wars

will probably add LUG Star Trek to my list soon too.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:45 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:- Behind Ennemy Lines: complete the series with my last purchase of ... Until Relieved

Ah...so that was you that outbid me.  Not that I put in much of an opening bid to begin with but I didnt think there was much interest in it.  I was happy enough to win The Companions version of the game though.  Seems to be exceedingly rarer than the FASA version.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:58 pm 

Forgot one!

G3 1st print - completes my set of 11 mono first prints!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:13 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Ah...so that was you that outbid me.  Not that I put in much of an opening bid to begin with but I didnt think there was much interest in it.  I was happy enough to win The Companions version of the game though.  Seems to be exceedingly rarer than the FASA version.

Sorry :)
Yes the Companions version is rarer than the FASA one, and relatively HTF in excellent condition copy (considering that most of time the box is damaged or incomplete). I was thinking Mars won it, since I remember he was looking for one copy.
As for Until relieved itself, not very interesting as you mentionned. However I bid around $20 because I really wanted to complete this serie (if there is only one print of each boxed sets...) and this supplement is harder to find than the Companions box.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:20 pm 

lokiwookie wrote: I was thinking Mars won it, since I remember he was looking for one copy.

Still looking but not very actively.  I shut off all of my automated searches about 6 months ago to slow down my buying habits since I need to pay for some other things.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:07 am 

I'm abit of a traditionalist and haven't gone for the more obscure stuff.

Most recently completed "Haves":
1. H1 Bloodstone Pass (completes H1-4)
2. CM3 Saber River (completes CM1-3 connected adventures)
3. Sword o/t Dales (especially annoyingly difficult to have found; completes Randall Morn trilogy)
4. R3 (Rappan Athuk trilogy)
5. Expedition t/t Demonweb Pits (completes my quest to get the Expedition mods for 3.x)
Don't know if this counts: Vecna Reborn (which completes the Vecna mods WGA4 and Die Vecna Die!; I wanted all three of them)

Still not completed "Wants":
1. A1-4 Scourge o/t Slavelords (already have them separately)
2. EX2 Land Beyond the Magic Mirror (already have EX1)
3. Return t/t Keep on the Borderlands (it's the last of the "Returns" except for the Tomb of Horrors, which I'd like to get as well!)
4. UK1 and UK3
5. DLC3

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I'm not sure if others have interest in this idea...

Great idea... pictures should be a must!  :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm 

I just got the last PS item i needed :
The Great Modron March-picked it up from a seller in the UK.
That completes the PS line.
Next up: Forest Maker from the DS line-and that should complete that one.
Then...maybe focus on Al-Qadim.

If you believe that ADVANCED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS is a game worth playing, you will certainly find it doubly so if you play well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm 

Yes, the Neverending Story.....it's beautiful........ :lol:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:47 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

FINALLY!  :D

After what has seemed like centuries of searching I have now completed my quest to obtain at least one copy of each of the regular Solitaire Tunnels and Trolls Modules.

Not every printing of course, just one of each Solo FBI published...  :lol:

Dont know why, but #17 Gamesmen of Kasar was the most ellusive one for me to find.

As an aside: the Seller was hyping his T&T modules as UK printings, but he was wrong about all of them.

All of his so-called UK printings of the T&T Solos, were actually printed in the US and were distributed and sold in the US and UK both.

Seller likely saw the UK distributers address on the copyright page and made an assumption from that.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 am 

lokiwookie wrote:My recent completed search/series:

- All Chivalry & Sorcery RPG material. The last one missing was Ardenn that I just bought from TFM.

- Behind Ennemy Lines: complete the series with my last purchase of ... Until Relieved

- Rêve de Dragon (a French medfan RPG from 80's) with 2 "rare" modules: A l'heure du vaisseau and La cité des 13 plaisirs

at gencon this year i picked up a set of four c&s charts that had been sent out mail order to a customer in 1979. having all of the published c&s items i was intrigued, especially as i did not recognize the charts as having been replicated anywhere else. i'll report back with a description of their contents soon...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm 

Interesting. I will be very interested to see what they look like. These sheets are from FGU?

@Gnat: only FBI products? You don't collect other T&T publishers?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm 

yes they are in a manila envelope sent from fgu in 1979.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:00 pm 

If you can make a picture or a scan, it would be great! Very curious to see them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm 

Mars wrote:I shut off all of my automated searches about 6 months ago to slow down my buying habits since I need to pay for some other things.

Any specific software for automated searches you'd like to recommend ?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 pm 

xRalphx wrote:Any specific software for automated searches you'd like to recommend ?

I have only ever used the built in Ebay ones.  I probably should use something a bit more sophisticated.

Next