Ebay Search Issues
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 am 

Is anyone else getting popup error messages when using the search function on eBay?  For the past 5 days, everytime it loads the results page I get about 6-10 "Error line X, do you wish to debug" popups.  If I click no on all of them it loads fine . . .  but it is annoying since it happens on every search results page (i.e. more than 1 page of listing).

Anyone else have this issue?  Is it a browser setting?  An eBay issue?  

Thanks.
Dzubak

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:07 am 

Try "Deactivate Script Debugging" in your browser options. Errors should now show up in the status bar only and not with a messagebox.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:07 am 

Not getting the error you are, but searching has been a pain lately.  I will hit "next" for the next page of results and get the same page I am looking at. Sometimes up to three times.  Sometimes, it skips ahead - i.e. the auctions on the page I am looking at end in 34, 35, 36 minutes and then I hit "next" and it jumps to auctions ending in 1 hour 24 minutes, etc.  I have to play with the "back" , "next" and "numbered pages" to find the missing results.

This is just occuring when I am viewing all auctions ending soonest.

I am also getting a problem on "completed" items.  Once I search for a "completed" auction, I can not remove the "check" for "completed" and begin to search for current auctions.  No matter how I try or in what combination I remove the "checkmark" , it apprears back in the "completed" auctions box.  I have to go back to a whole new seach through a bookmark and start over.

It's getting to be real pain in the ass!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:12 am 

Can you use eBay UK for searching? Whenever someting is wrong with eBay Germany, I just log in via eBay.com or eBay UK, it works fine every time.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:18 pm 

Ralf,
Thanks for the idea on script debugging.  That solved the problem.

However, I cannot think why this started in the first place.  I have not modified the settings of IE in a very long time.

Regardless, you've made my eBay browsing a lot easier.   :D  Thank you.
Dzubak

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:33 pm 

BeyondtheBreach,
I am getting the completed items error as well.  I thought it was related to my search issue, but I just tested it and it seems that it is still happening.  It looks like the checkbox is continuously maintaining the same state once it is checked.  At least a user can go back to the MyeBay section and then search again.
Dzubak