Problem with Pacesetter Games and bbarsh.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
As was I... but the smoke thing was, IMHO, incredibly unprofessional, and I'm happy that shouldn't be an issue any longer for future releases.

Couldn't agree more! Nothing like getting a brand new module that smells like an ash tray!  :?

Eulaliaaa!!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:59 pm 

Despite statements that the items have been mailed I have still not received a tracking number or the items.   While I appreciate the fact that pacesetter is a small company having to wait 1 month for your order is to long.  

I've opened a dispute with paypal for non-delivery of items.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm 

Sorry you're getting beat up Bill.

Sorry also, to the folks who have ordered and who haven't received their books yet.

I realize my name is mud and I hope I'm not doing more harm than good with my post.

(Full disclosure: about9277.html )

My experience with Bill was that there was a delay in the very first shipment and no delay since. I've ordered these books with no problems beyond a delay with the very first order:
ADV1 The Vampire's Curse
B1 Legacy of the Unknown
C1 Circle of Fire (2 copies)
I1 Grave of the Green Flame
Q3 Death of Signal Island (2 copies)
RC1 The Thing in the Valley
RC2 The Screaming Temple
RC3 Erupter's Vengeance
S1 The Haunted House of Clendil (2 copies)
TM1 The Lost Caravan
TM2 Storm over Skyreach (2 copies)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 am 

bbarsh wrote:
I offered you that and you said don't worry about. I think I even offer or sent a refund. No problem sending one, but crap this could have been done months ago.
Going out Monday.

Which Monday? I still haven't received it. Please advise.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:13 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Which Monday? I still haven't received it. Please advise.

Been out of town for work. It is sitting in my den. Driving home today. It will go out in the morning with a giant backer board inside. Thought I had a mint one extra, but I had to dig one up.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 am 

bbarsh wrote:Been out of town for work. It is sitting in my den. Driving home today. It will go out in the morning with a giant backer board inside. Thought I had a mint one extra, but I had to dig one up.

Well, my address changes as of the 15th, so I'll need to PM you with the new one...

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 pm 

I have had to upgrade my compliant on paypal to ask them to issue a refund.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:16 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:40 am 

I'm sorry John, I don't understand why that's directed at me.   I have only orderd two prodcuts from Pacesetter and Bill has either lied to me about shipping the items and has stated that they have been mailed 3 times without ever providing a tracking number.

When I formally filed a compliant on Paypal and the 7th he hasn't event bothered to respond.

When I formally upgraded the compliant to ask for a refund on paypal Bill has also not yet responded.   I have waited some 45 days for a product that hasn't come.

I have to drive out of my way 20 minutes to the post office to get to my PO box to check to see if the mythical package has arrived.  I have made at least a dozen trips hoping to find my order based on comments by Bill.

All I wanted to do was support this guys game company by purchasing his prodcut and he doens't have the ability supply me with his product.  

He has taken my money and for whatever reason decided to not send me my product or refund my money.  

My paypal compliant will wait for his non-response till almost the end of the month where they might decide to refund my money.

All i want is a refund or my product and this company can't seem to do either.

If Bill is trying to grow his customer base he's not helping himself.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:42 am 

stephenf wrote:I'm sorry John, I don't understand why that's directed at me.

Probably because we really dont need the play-by-play of your dealings with Pacesetter and Paypal.  You have already made your statement about having a problem.  Why do we need to hear about anything else except the resolution?

stephenf wrote:If Bill is trying to grow his customer base he's not helping himself.

I dont really need to take up for Bill.  He can do that himself.  But most of the people that order from Bill have zero problems.  It is unfortunate that there are some that seem to have exceptional issues with getting their product.  I can understand people getting upset when they ordered their items six months ago and still havent received them yet (and havent been told why) while others are sitting in their favorite chair reading it.  Bill is not Paizo, Goodman Games or Noble Knight.  He is a one man show and although he obviously has some customer service problems to iron out, I know that if I put in an order for his product, I have faith that I will get it.  I guess my point is I dont mind even a significant delay if he is out of town for work (which he is most of the time).  Maybe I am just more patient than most.  I never got upset with Pied Piper, Arc Dream (Delta Green: T.O.O.?  Two year wait), or Brave Halfling (still no updates on when Delving Deeper or X-Plorers are shipping).

I am just bothered by this thread altogether.  Since Bill is an Acaeum member and his website doesnt have its own forum and his email response is spotty, the complaints get dumped here which in my opinion is ridiculous.  If you had a problem with your Pizza Hut order and your delivery person was an Acaeum member, would you lodge your complaints here and expect any kind of resolution?  I can understand using the thread to vent frustration, but this has gone beyond that now.  :?

Oh, and if any of you said yes to that last question you are a goddamned asshat.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Why do we need to hear about anything else except the resolution?

For the same reason that community members post updates on non-delivery and other problems with eBay sellers where these remain ongoing issues? No favors for Acaeum members.

The easiest way to put this thread to rest is to resolve the delivery issues. Simple as.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:10 pm 

faro wrote:For the same reason that community members post updates on non-delivery and other problems with eBay sellers where these remain ongoing issues? No favors for Acaeum members.

The easiest way to put this thread to rest is to resolve the delivery issues. Simple as.

But most people post their complaint and the Ebay seller ID and then are done with it.  In a small percentage of cases (Grodog and the Woody for one) it becomes a string of posts with updates that most Acaeum members actually care about.

I dont have any problems with bashing on an Acaeum member if the bashing is warranted.  Otherwise I would have posted the same in the previous thread about Bill from a few years ago.

But this is still The Acaeum, not the Pacesetter Games complaint box.  It simply doesnt make sense to keep complaining about the same thing here.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:37 pm 

stephenf wrote:I'm sorry John, I don't understand why that's directed at me.

I tossed Rage Guy in there because he seemed appropriate.  The running commentary was too much for me too handle on a Friday night.

A certain amount of complaining is fine with me; I can do that with the best of 'em.  Letting us know what happened is helpful, but, damn, man . . .

This is also a rare occasion when I agree with King on something. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 pm 

There are other sellers who have had individual threads.  I don't believe Bill has done anything as bad as those type of folks, but some people (including myself) have had issues, and it's reasonable to discuss that in the community.  Frankly, it's even easier to ignore this way; just skip this thread.

For my part, I've consistently had slow delivery and slightly dinged items.  My most recent email offering constructive criticism went unanswered.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:04 am 

Ok, reflecting on it for 24 hours your right, i went overboard and i appologize to the community for the excessive posts.   My problem is with Bill and his company.  

I have been buying and selling games since 1980 and have never before been able to work out an issue before and I got mad.   I regard the gaming community as honest and trustworthy and this is my first real instance dealing with missinformation and a complete lack of communication from a fellow gamer.  Again, I apologize for the excessive posts.  If Bill chooses close this matter positivly I will let the community know.

I do believe it is appropriate to discuss his company in particular since he advertises the release of every new product and the ongoing discussions about those items.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:15 pm 

For what it's worth, at this point, I have always received the items I ordered from Pacesetter...and in excellent condition.  

I haven't worried about the time table for delivery because support of Pacesetter has been my main goal, so delays have not really been an issue.

Bill will get you your ordered item sooner or later.  Just remind him.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:51 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Probably because we really dont need the play-by-play of your dealings with Pacesetter and Paypal.  You have already made your statement about having a problem.  Why do we need to hear about anything else except the resolution?

I am just bothered by this thread altogether.  Since Bill is an Acaeum member and his website doesnt have its own forum and his email response is spotty, the complaints get dumped here which in my opinion is ridiculous.  If you had a problem with your Pizza Hut order and your delivery person was an Acaeum member, would you lodge your complaints here and expect any kind of resolution?  I can understand using the thread to vent frustration, but this has gone beyond that now.

Well personally I think it is useful to have this thread prominent here.  This is where Bill advertises his modules and people should be aware of the problems shipping things he has.

I don't see pizza hut selling pizzas here but if they did and they were shit and delivering them then I would hvae thought that this is the right place to raise it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 pm 

I'm also waiting on four modules ordered recently. I sent Bill and email asking him to check on them on 7/15 and have not yet received a reply.

[EDIT] - Bill emailed me with an update and a tracking number. I checked the number with USPS. Items on the way to me.

[EDIT, EDIT] - Got my stuff today.  :D

PreviousNext