Problem with Pacesetter Games and bbarsh.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 pm 

Bill uses his own money and free time to publish a very high quality product, and doing it on his own ... mistakes are going to happen in communications.  It's one thing to have a policy of screwing your customers, as my former tv/phone/internet provider clearly did, and another thing entirely to have a few errors (even bad errors) scattered around. Ultimately, as long as you do eventually get the module, it's the quality of it that should really be used to evaluate, and Bill's material is stellar.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm 

Mythmere1 wrote:Bill uses his own money and free time to publish a very high quality product, and doing it on his own ... mistakes are going to happen in communications.  It's one thing to have a policy of screwing your customers, as my former tv/phone/internet provider clearly did, and another thing entirely to have a few errors (even bad errors) scattered around. Ultimately, as long as you do eventually get the module, it's the quality of it that should really be used to evaluate, and Bill's material is stellar.

i can only agree with this. my dealings with bill have always been A+

sorry to see others have not been so lucky. i see ian is on the UK deal quite well, but if anyone needs help as a go between, give me a shout.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 pm 

xraygord, have you considered retitling this thread "Fixing Pacesetter problems"?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm 

I hate to resurrect this thread but it seems I'm not getting any reply on private mails.

* 3rd of January 2010 : I paid $19.40 for RC1/RC2 combopack
  => Follow-up mail 2nd of February asking for the status
  => Reply 9th of February : Modules shipped today
* 10th of February 2010 : I paid $8.95 for RC3
* 16th of May 2010 : I paid $137 for a number of items from Bill's spring cleaning

I saw all the threads here about how busy Bill was with work and so on and read that things were being solved so I figured I'd get my stuff eventually.

* 23rd of October 2010 : Another follow-up email asking for the status of all the above. Got a reply that the package had just been returned to him due to a customs problem.

More months go by and on the 4th of February 2011 I asked for a refund since I still hadn't received anything yet. No reply. 28th of February another email asking for the status. Up until now, no reply.

I'm well aware that many here have had excellent dealings with Bill. I just wish my experiences would have been the same.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:02 pm 

X-
Nobody hates this thread more than I.  :cry:
I will look into this today. My computer records show it as shipped. I keep all my customs forms so I will dig through and see what I can find. I do recall shipping the box, it was heavy as hell. That was a very long time ago.
Either way, I will will have this done asap.
I don't see any emails from you, so I think they  must have hit spam for some reason. Try [email protected] instead of pacesetter email.

Bill

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm 

Bill, try another program to access your eMail, or go directly to your account on Comcast. I am also on Comcast, and my default Macintosh mail program won't retrieve eMails from certain people I know, but the mail shows up in my Comcast account. An old copy of Eudora is working okay, but it sucks to use. Comcast has the habit of blocking in/out mail from some specific providers.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:Bill, try another program to access your eMail, or go directly to your account on Comcast. I am also on Comcast, and my default Macintosh mail program won't retrieve eMails from certain people I know, but the mail shows up in my Comcast account. An old copy of Eudora is working okay, but it sucks to use. Comcast has the habit of blocking in/out mail from some specific providers.

It seems to happen with mainland Europe more than anything, but it is random and rarely remember to check the spam folder. Thanks.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 pm 

Bill, I am kind of surprised you dont have a free Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo address to back up your Comcast address.  They dont block any emails regardless of who they are from.  So emails either go to your Inbox or your Spam folder.  Each email is scanned for viruses and other garbage so its is usually very safe.  I've been using all three for almost a decade and I've never missed an email I was supposed to receive or opened a virus or other malware from any of these sources.

Just a thought.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:31 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Bill, I am kind of surprised you dont have a free Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo address to back up your Comcast address.  They dont block any emails regardless of who they are from.  So emails either go to your Inbox or your Spam folder.  Each email is scanned for viruses and other garbage so its is usually very safe.  I've been using all three for almost a decade and I've never missed an email I was supposed to receive or opened a virus or other malware from any of these sources.

Just a thought.

I have a yahoo address but I am sometimes really bad about checking Spam filter.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm 

Bill,

Most email services allow you to turn of the spam / junk mail filters.  I can't say if Comcast has that option or not.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 pm 

Sorry....but...I had given up on my combo pack from the beginning of last year.  I sent emails and stuff at the time but nothing....If needed I can dig out the Paypal receipts again; if they go back that far.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm 

simonmwh wrote:Sorry....but...I had given up on my combo pack from the beginning of last year.  I sent emails and stuff at the time but nothing....If needed I can dig out the Paypal receipts again; if they go back that far.

pmed

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 pm 

Cheers for the fast pm. I will follow up.  Thanks

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:29 pm 

Hey all,

Just wanted to send a quick note that my situation has been resolved.

The requested refund was provided so the issue is closed for me.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:59 pm 

I wanted to say sopmething here.
I have bought items from Bill several times and in more than one way.
From e-Bay auctions, from his web site buying new Adventure Modules, and personal transactions using E-Mail and PMs here at the Acaem.

Never had a problem with contact.

Only once had a shipping problem and that was VERY early on... got a couple of Modules that were shipped in slim envelopes.
Of course mail person folded them in half to fit in the mail box.
NOT Bill's fault, even though I told him about it.
Since then Modules have not been shipped that way again.

I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:10 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Only once had a shipping problem and that was VERY early on... got a couple of Modules that were shipped in slim envelopes.
Of course mail person folded them in half to fit in the mail box.
NOT Bill's fault, even though I told him about it.
Since then Modules have not been shipped that way again.

I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

I had this same problem with bbarsh on eBay a couple weeks back :(. Item in thin envelope folded in half. I would hesitate.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 pm 

Me too.  It took nearly 12 months for me to receive my order.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm 

I have admitted I made mistakes and apologized for them.
If you have a problem I asm more than willing to do whatever it takes. Pm me and will send you phone number.
Historia, I offered to send replacement because it was damaged by postman. You said don't worry. Now you say it a problem. PM and let me know what you need. Sorry for response, I am on blackberry.

PreviousNext