Palace of the Vampire Queen - need help
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:59 am 

Hi all,

Sorry to bother.  I just cancelled my bid on the "Palace of the Vampire Queen" up on ebay because of disturbing info from one of your fine members.  He suggested that the info on Acaeum was wrong, and that the black cover of Vampire queen PRECEEDED the yellow cover.  

So instead of bidding on a first ed, I was bidding on a second ed.  Daddy don't play that!!!

So gents and ladies, which is it?  Who is right?  Did someone drop me some false info?

Please help,

Ben "superfan" Waxman

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:03 am 

Howdy,

Nobody knows for sure which came first. Black folder, yellow front page, and plastic bound all are in contention for 1st print. If Pete and Judy Kerestan are out there, maybe they would know.

I believe the price between the black folder version and the yellow front page version is the same in the Acaeum valuations. The current guess is that the yellow front page version is the first because it is more "crude". Only one of the plastic bound version has ever shown up as far as I know. Perhaps that is a personal copy of the author or Wee Warrior "employee" or a privately bound version.

If you are looking for a first print it seems to be a crap shoot. Either that or just wait until you aquire both versions like I did. :twisted:

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:21 am 

Perhaps we should add this as an open research item on the Ongoing Research page??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:46 am 

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your help.  

You have BOTH???!!!!....if I wasn't so impressed I would track you down and throttle you in your sleep.  You are killing me with envy!  

Ohhh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman :P  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:30 pm 

Stormber has Gygax's removed gall bladder somewhere. I'm pretty much convinced of that.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:43 pm 

Howdy,

Deadlord36 wrote:Stormber has Gygax's removed gall bladder somewhere. I'm pretty much convinced of that.

Sadly, no. I got sniped by some newBay, username: favabeans.

:P

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:54 pm 

Howdy Allan,

Good talking with you last night.

grodog wrote:Perhaps we should add this as an open research item on the Ongoing Research page??

I think the Acaeum has it pretty well covered. But the whole 1st print/2nd print presentation is problematic. It devalues the black folder version and inflates the yellow front page version. In all likelyhood it could be the reverse. A change to listing them both as first prints might be more fair.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:32 pm 

stormber wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Stormber has Gygax's removed gall bladder somewhere. I'm pretty much convinced of that.

Sadly, no. I got sniped by some newBay, username: favabeans.

:P

And he probably paid with bottles of Chianti.    
:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:34 pm 

Doesn't that go with liver?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.