forgotten realms lot info. help me!
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:49 am 

Hi all,
some times ago, i bought a forgotten realms lot on ebay. the description told me that there was city of splendors, elmnister ecologies, forgotten realms setting and three modules (cormyr, book of lairs, curse of the azure bonds). When it did arrive me, there were added some books, but i think the sets were not complete. I'm quite happy the same, although i know in a future time i'll never sell such items if they are not complete..so, do you know some sites where i could find booklets and maps for Old sets? another question: beyond the stuff there was a ten maps of Waterdeep..i do not have any idea of which set they belong to..any idea? thanks a lot for the help!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:47 am 

Try this site

This Personal Web Pages (PWP) site has been discontinued

Your additional maps should have a TSR product code on which you should be able match to one of the products on this site.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:05 pm 

artemis wrote:Hi all,
some times ago, i bought a forgotten realms lot on ebay. the description told me that there was city of splendors, elmnister ecologies, forgotten realms setting and three modules (cormyr, book of lairs, curse of the azure bonds). When it did arrive me, there were added some books, but i think the sets were not complete. I'm quite happy the same, although i know in a future time i'll never sell such items if they are not complete..so, do you know some sites where i could find booklets and maps for Old sets? another question: beyond the stuff there was a ten maps of Waterdeep..i do not have any idea of which set they belong to..any idea? thanks a lot for the help!

The ten waterdeep maps are undoubtedly from the City System Boxed set...nice to get as an add-on. It came with two other maps (12 total) and a booklet.   The best thing to do is check the product codes.  Book of Lairs and Curse of Azure bonds had no additional materials, Cormyr should include a color map.  City of Splendors, Elminsters Ecologies and FR boxed set have lots of extras.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:57 pm 

Sometimes there will be mixed map & booklet lots on eBay. I'm always having to match wayward maps & booklets with their boxed sets.

TSR (RIP!) *almost* always put their product codes on the component books, and maps as well. The format is typically (for example) 1142XXX1902. The 1142 is the product code... The North: Guide to The Savage Frontier (boxed set) in this case. This code number is usually found on the back cover of the books, and somewhere in the margins of the maps.

Hope this helps...