Displaying
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:16 am 

I'll be there next year, also. I already blocked out the dates on the family calendar - so my wife doesn't schedule something.

Just have to watch work, which was the problem this year.  :cry:

I'll repost this string as the time draws near and try and coordinate a meeting. Lunch somewhere or at grodog's booth, if applicable. Since several of the guys have been to Indy, we can tap them for a good locale.

About 340 days and counting...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:08 pm 

This year the place to eat at was the Ram brewpub. They were open 24 hours and had GenCon Specials.

The food specials included(on a special souvenir menu called Van Richten's Guide to the Ram):
-Heroes Feast-appetizer combo
-Ravenloft Survival Kit-soft pretzels shaped like stakes & holy symbols
-Ebard's Black Tentacles-calamari
-Hand of Vecna-deep fried pickles
-Lord Soth's Last Meal-pork tenderloin medallions
-Vistani Chicken-breast w/artichokes & mushrooms
-Strahd's stake through the heart burger
-Anhktepot Pasta-Scallops,salmon,cod,shrimp,mushrooms,bell peppers,garlic cream,Parmesan cheese,& cheese tortellini
-Barovian Pie-pecan caramel pie
-Jander Sunstar's Bleeding Heart Pie-New York strawberry/raspberry cheescake

They tapped a special ale called "Screaming Knight Ale" that you could buy in a souvenir GenCon glass mug. GenCon tee shirts with the "Screaming Knight Ale" logo were also available.

The Ram really went all out for GenCon this year. This franchise led the country in sales for the 4 days of GenCon(they actually ran out of beer and had to have more trucked in).

Hope to see more forum members next year,
Burntwire

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:28 pm 

GamesGuy wrote:P.S. Did I ever tell the story about why I changed my handle? I told F-Foot but don't remember if I told anyone else. Kinda strange.

Well, I for one, am curious. . .  

Out with it man!
:)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:24 am 

Me too.  Stalker?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:35 pm 

Hopefully not identity theft?? :(

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:40 am 

Jon, what happened to your old acaeum ID? You wanted to let us know, did you forget? We're all waiting for the story!

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:55 am 

I think Jon may have gone away for a few days - he was kind enough to help me out with a small shipping problem I had (I bought an item from one of those auction clearing houses that only use Fedex to ship... the quote out here just for postage was $181, so Jon received the item for me to forward on through the USPS). Anyway, he let me know he would be away this week but would be home on Friday. Hopefully he'll let us know then about the handle change (I'm curious too).

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:13 am 

Yeah, he travels a lot on business, which is part of what complicates the two of us ever getting together ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:26 pm 

I'm Back!  But it's good to know that if I ever AM sucked through a portal to another dimension that you all would notice! :D

Actually, I had a week long trip  to meet with various folks.  I actually managed to sneak in 30 minutes in the air and space museum between meetings so that was fun.

Anyway, here's the story:

I have always been pretty 'loose' about my identity because, frankly, I feel that USUALLY what I post I'd stand up for later and don't worry too much about things like identity theft etc.. (besides... that's going to happen for other reasons, NOT what you post on a board).

Anyway, it's never been a problem before but now that boards such as this one (and others) are able to be Googled, having one's 'real name' pop up can cause problems.

Now, I'm not famous, rich or powerful, but my 'day job' puts me in some interesting circles where people give a dang about what I'm like and are looking for 'tid bits' about me and what I say for whatever their particular agenda might be.

I was out at a meeting and after, I was questioned by a lawyer, in a friendly way about my hobbies and if I was a 'vocal member of game collecting hobby'.  8O   That led to some emails to co-workers asking about me and such... Since my company is starting to get some attention, I thought it best to 'tone down' my informal presence on the web to prevent something said in jest or out of context reflect poorly on my professionalism or company.  Whacked, weird, probably unnecessary but was indeed a wake-up call.

All my same beliefs hold true, I'm not 'hiding' who I am or have any problem with you guys knowing me etc.. I just thought I'd make it a little harder to track my private conversations by not broadcasting my real name to anyone who put in a google search. :D

That's the story... not as interesting as you'd have hoped, I'm sure.  But there it is.

(BTW, I'll be happy to invent a much more exciting version if the the boring old truth fails to satisfy! :) )

-GamesGuy aka The Collector formerly known as J0N 0AK3S  :wink:

-------------------------------------------------

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:47 am 

Would anyone like to post some pictures of their gaming displays?  I've just finished decking out my basement as a "gaming dungeon" with wall to wall modules, RPG books, etc. and even got that TSR Gaming sign to post on the door.  I'd be curious to see how others are displaying their treasures, and enjoying the visual appeal of some of the great artwork.  

Benwax
:P

Previous