BIO ONE
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:54 am 

hi guys...thought i had posted this, but it looks to have gotten lost somewhere :)

i won an auction for some of the old greyhawk/blackmoor books some weeks ago and i got two books in the pack called "BIO ONE", by Jim Muscala and WAW Productions, published by TSR Rules (c) 1974.

Anyone know anything about them or if they are actually worth anything?

would be nice to know before they get piled away somewhere with the rest of the junk in this house! :D

cheers :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:54 pm 

Not a whole lot:

Here's one that sold recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:29 pm 

cheers db! might sell one and keep one then as it actually sells! wouldnt mind finding out more about it tho - sure i will get there someday :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:48 pm 

IIRC, BioOne was one of the very first books printed and published by TSR, antedating D&D and Warriors of Mars by a few months.  

Shawn and Devon (burntwire) sold their copy not that long ago, and it does crop up on eBay semi-regularly-ish.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 pm 

dbartman wrote:Not a whole lot:

Here's one that sold recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Spotted that one. Couldn't figure out was why a stated 1974 first print has a lizardman logo...

(Am I missing something there?)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:43 am 

cheers guys for the info! mine does have a lizardman logo on it to, but no other dates other than 1974, but would love to get to the bottom of it and you guys are obviously more knowledgable than moi! :)

its a nice lil book actually and was quite pleased to get my hands on it, whether its worth anything or not. i did a lot of browsing around and couldnt find hardly anything at all and i guess its nice to know something about what you have other than be ignornant. thats the way i look at it anyway!

cheers!! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:10 am 

I am pretty sure there were at least two printings of this.  Burntwire sold a 1st print and there is a green covered copy that is the second print.   Could there have been an earlier printing?  The book is by Jim Muscala and WAW Productions.  I wonder if they actually put something out first and then sold it to TSR to publish??

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:01 am 

Mars wrote:I am pretty sure there were at least two printings of this.  Burntwire sold a 1st print and there is a green covered copy that is the second print.   Could there have been an earlier printing?  The book is by Jim Muscala and WAW Productions.  I wonder if they actually put something out first and then sold it to TSR to publish??

yeah i am thinking something along the same lines too..... cos my books are like a turquoise green-ish colour and dont quite look the same colour as burntwire's one...

so yeah i am thinking 2nd print too...now just gotta find the year....maybe 75/76 or even slightly later? would make sense as its got the lizardman logo on it, which would slot it into the correct time frame wouldnt it?

mind you tho...didnt burntwire's have a lizardman logo too?

hmmmm still as confused as before, but that doesnt take much :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:25 pm 

My copy of Bio One  is easily identified as a later printing because the catalog in the
back lists later items such as Cordite & Steel (1977?).  Is this a 2nd printing of
Bio One?  I've no idea how many printing this went through.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:34 pm 

The 1st print Bio One we sold to John has a different texture cover. When John gets the copy we sent he may be able to offer more info. I can't remember for sure but the first has the price on the cover and the second doesn't.