Super Rare-to-be adventure...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 pm 

And here's the cover.

This item is very reminiscent of a certain WW product. I created it for all those Sandbox DMS that just want a bunch of cool maps, and a tiny bit of info.
While I admit, I was deeply inspired by TPofVQ, I hope TCotCS is not looked upon as a ripoff. (But it's mighty close!  :lol:  )
The adventure has the normal stable of MM creatures and treasures, and is OD&D, Holmes, BX, B(ECMI), 1E friendly. There is no art(sorry).
Anyone interested?

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Last edited by Thork N Hammer on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm 

I'll bid $30 to get the ball rolling

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:14 pm 

I'll bid $40.   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:26 pm 

No thanks.

Low runs on mods is one thing, but I find this a wee bit cynical with a hint of exploitative, sorry.

Cheers,
KAL

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm 

Versimilitude wrote:No thanks.

Low runs on mods is one thing, but I find this a wee bit cynical with a hint of exploitative, sorry.

Cheers,
KAL

I don't mean it to be.
I worked very hard to make it a kind of Time Machine that anyone could afford (unlike PofVQ and such!)
While only time will tell if it succeeds, it is still a product than any Sandbox DM could use--and I hope, appreciate.

Just so everyone knows--it is 4 pages of text, 8 of maps.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm 

Cheers,
KAL

Does every one else feel the same way?
If so, those who have bid may retract their offer, if an alternative can be suggested

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm 

you produce what you want to produce, and we will bid what we want to bid. i'm comfortable with my bid, and i'm sure that Bracton is with his....

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 pm 

I'm standing by my bid.  If no one tops it, that's just fine with me.  That being said, if you want to do something else with this, that's fine with me too.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 pm 

Agreed.

This isn't a small run that everyone in the community can get and enjoy if they want it.  It's just a money grab aimed at the five or so uber-collectors.  And once it's in one of those hoards, it's not like there would be any point to ever put it on a want list.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm 

I am now totally despondent about what has happened.
Having multiple projects going at once, and often several becoming available simultaneously, I try to aim the items at those that seem truly interested and supportive of my efforts. I am not always right, obviously.
With Swamp Girl being the major project at the time, I did not anticipate TCofCS coming to completion so fast. But it did. And I did not think it would be that sought, considering its limitations.
I do not, now, know WHAT to do.
I feel a certain debt to all the Members for their continuing support. But am in a quandry as to how to fix THIS mess.
One thing is certain, I have not gotten rich doing this.
I will now rely on the members to express their solutions, so that I may not compound the mistake with another.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 pm 

Hi Thork,

I would be happy to get a copy if you were to offer it to Acaeum members, or bump up the offer to $45.

Thanks,
Jorge

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 pm 

Rare, to me, implies scarcity, and ability to obtain it... even if unlikely to turn up for 30 years. Unique, like this, means it is not "rare." There is only one and whoever has it will keep it.

So, I bid nothing. If you're making a PDF, sell that. At least those who wanted it could get it and you could only have "one real printed one" (which is funny for different reasons.)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 pm 

I'd suggest:

1) offering a print run of this to people who want it at a fixed price (like you have before) - maybe change the cover (even if it is something simple as changing the color)

2) leave this one for sale as the now "controversial" cover (limited to 1 copy).

I'm not too interested in PDFs, I get them, save them on my computer then I lose where they are.  I like hardcopies so I will up the bid on the "controversial cover" to $50.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 pm 

Hi Thork,

I like your products and will continue to purchase them because I enjoy them, also I hope my support will help encourage your efforts to do more  :D

I hope you consider making print copies available and distributed like your recent projects.  An alternate cover would be a fine option.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 pm 

Up the bid to $50.00.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 pm 

Fair warning to bidders: Thorkie sent me a rare print of his Stone Giant Module (only three in existence) with the NTRPG con written on the cover, paired with a french edition module of Cloud Giants, went for $125 in the NTRPG con auction.  People will pay a lot for unique Thorkhammer goodies.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm 

:D
TheHistorian wrote:

Agreed.

This isn't a small run that everyone in the community can get and enjoy if they want it.  It's just a money grab aimed at the five or so uber-collectors.  And once it's in one of those hoards, it's not like there would be any point to ever put it on a want list.

Badmike wrote:Fair warning to bidders: Thorkie sent me a rare print of his Stone Giant Module (only three in existence) with the NTRPG con written on the cover, paired with a french edition module of Cloud Giants, went for $125 in the NTRPG con auction.  People will pay a lot for unique Thorkhammer goodies.

Mike B.

or, in fact, maybe they won't -
Historian is right, don't bother putting this on a want list.

If anything a "rare" is a better collectible than a "unique" - at least there's a chance, however, slim, of getting a rare.

I'm getting more and more cynical about collecting at the moment - not a dig at Thork (whose product, I've heard, is excellent) but it seems that at the moment everyone and his gaming buddy is releasing must-have, never to be repeated, uber-rare, unique-covered, signed and numbered special editions of old-school nice-ness - for Christs sake, how is anyone supposed to keep up with it all, let alone compete. I don't even have a copy of H1 yet, and I've been waiting for 7 or 8 years

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:45 pm 

There is a "limit" to rarity... which I refer to as obscure... if no one knows about it then its not worth the equivilant of its rarity.  Not sure if that made sense...

But I prefer artwork in the modules... perhaps Erol could whip up a slobberring ogre or something?

Disco

Next