(BHP) Old-School Gaming Box with Erol Otus & Pete Mullen Art
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 pm 

I received mine today also (just the Otus box, which is all I expected). I do recall the mention of possible extras, but I only remember it being brought up as a possibility, not a promise. I was unable to remove my box from the packing box without the shrinkwrap ripping, just so you know. Not that I intended to keep it in the shrinkwrap (what's the point of an empty box in S/W? LOL). I don't have anything in it so far; still deciding between a few things. The Otus artwork looks great! especially on the black background; some of the best work he's done lately. If this had been the print for the Acaeum EO project, I would have bought one in a heartbeat!

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:48 pm 

Thanks! I shrink wrapped the boxes to protect them during shipping, but the wrap is so think it doesn't always stay on these boxes as well as I would like (the wrap does much better on smaller items like modules and digest boxes.).

Brave Halfling Publishing

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 pm 

It looks like all of the box orders have shipped except for several that were purchased between November 12-15. I am not sure why these orders did not show up in paypal when I double-checked all the orders from November a week ago Wednesday. These will all ship out with an extra Mullen cover box on Wednesday (I have to take the family to the Zoo on Tuesday for Spring Break).

This exactly why I started printing out each new order and sending a confirmation email with 48 hours of each new purchase this month. Sometimes I get smarter.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 am 

I received my Erol Otus box and am really impressed.  :D  It looks really nice.  It is going to house a pile of character sheets, notes, maps, etc... that I never really had handsome storage for, but wanted to keep with my D&D collection.  :)

It was packaged very securely... almost too securely!  lol  I had to rip the packing box to get the storage box out.  lol  It was sure in there snugly!  ;)  Anyway, thanks for a really nice product.  Very happy with it.  Old-school art for the win!    :mrgreen:

~Kat  ^_^

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 am 

All the boxes I ordered arrived yesterday (plus one).
I am pleased with all of the storage boxes I got and all are in minty condition despite the difficult extraction from the shipping boxes.
Honestly I think it might have been good that they are tight fits...
Less likelyhood of damage in transit if not bouncing about in empty extra shipping space?

For me also, the storage box in the smaller shipping box was VERY tight and difficult to remove.
And for that storage box the SW did not survive the removal from the smaller shipping box.
But I did not care as the SW was never gonna stay on anyway.
I am adding my info about that situation in case someone here bought them to keep pristine and in the SW vault.
(at the moment no one here comes to mind who is like that...)  PDT_Armataz_01_01
I suspect a more patient person could extract the storage boxes without incident.
The larger shipping box had enough extra space inside to allow the items to be removed much easier.

(Assuming it happens)
For the second Prints of these storage boxes would you consider adding in some way to list a collectors contents on the outside of the boxes?
So that we would not need to pull the box off the shelf and open it up to check what we stored in them 10 years ago?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:13 pm 

Sigh... stupid USPS. Shows as delivered, but no boxes in my hands yet. Into the belly of the beast I go to track down my package and find out where they may have delivered it... or failed to. I swear I've got the two worst delivery persons I've had in my life right now, one at home and one at work. Danged government guaranteed jobs... no one to even complain to.

Chris

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 pm 

Busman wrote:Sigh... stupid USPS. Shows as delivered, but no boxes in my hands yet. Into the belly of the beast I go to track down my package and find out where they may have delivered it... or failed to. I swear I've got the two worst delivery persons I've had in my life right now, one at home and one at work. Danged government guaranteed jobs... no one to even complain to.

Did they show up yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 pm 

John Adams wrote:
Busman wrote:Sigh... stupid USPS. Shows as delivered, but no boxes in my hands yet. Into the belly of the beast I go to track down my package and find out where they may have delivered it... or failed to. I swear I've got the two worst delivery persons I've had in my life right now, one at home and one at work. Danged government guaranteed jobs... no one to even complain to.

Did they show up yet?

They did, yes, finally. Thanks, John! They were delayed about 5 more days as it got resorted etc locally. They're both sitting on my shelf each stuffed filled with old school gaming goodness! I'm contemplating ordering more.

Chris

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 pm 

Hi John,  I hope you're still monitoring this tread, I sent you an email a few days ago asking about my order from November, would you please provide an update?

Thanks in advance.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:49 pm 

davidc wrote:Hi John,  I hope you're still monitoring this tread, I sent you an email a few days ago asking about my order from November, would you please provide an update?

Thanks in advance.

Hey David. Your shipment went out the week of April 15 with alll items but Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon). Packages sent out to Australia, France and the UK on the same day arrived earlier this week. Shipping from here to Canada takes far longer than it should (It is ships by truck and I am told that the Customs folks take their time). I have had it take up to four weeks (shipment of modules to one of my publishing partners, Arcana Creations). But please let me know if it is not there by the 15.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm 

Thanks John for taking care of the issue.  The boxes look great.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 pm 

John Adams wrote:Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon).

*bump?*

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
John Adams wrote:Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon).

*bump?*

Simon and I are working out what the final form of Delving Deeper will take. We are currently trying to get all of the material for Vol I (of three) into a single, digest booklet (the other two Vols fit)? I had a great deal of art created for Delving Deeper and most of it will just not fit into the page count limit for a digest book we currently have. We are deciding whether to 1) put a 3 booklet, no-art version of Delving Deeper into the boxed set and then also include a full-sized (letter), lavishly illustrated version with it or 2) just bite the bullet and upgrade my equipment to allow BHP to create digest booklets up to 100 pages long and thereby be able to make DD into 3 lavishly illustrated digest modules.

We will have it worked out by the weekend. The free pdfs with then quickly follow and continuous previews of the physical pieces being printed and put in boxes. No one is more ready to finish this project than me.

We will have an update on my blog on Friday.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm 

John Adams wrote:
davidc wrote:Hi John,  I hope you're still monitoring this tread, I sent you an email a few days ago asking about my order from November, would you please provide an update?

Thanks in advance.

Hey David. Your shipment went out the week of April 15 with alll items but Delving Deeper (which will go out very soon). Packages sent out to Australia, France and the UK on the same day arrived earlier this week. Shipping from here to Canada takes far longer than it should (It is ships by truck and I am told that the Customs folks take their time). I have had it take up to four weeks (shipment of modules to one of my publishing partners, Arcana Creations). But please let me know if it is not there by the 15.

Hi John,

Nothing as unkind as a mailbox that does not giveth... I haven't received any of my order.

Any follow up you can do would be great, I look forward to seeing these great items!

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 pm 

Hey David,

I checked and your order shipped on 4/18/12. I have seen it take as long as six weeks to get to where it wants to go in Canada. Something about customs taking their time. Give a couple more weeks and if still doesn't show up, I will ship it to you again. It is just crazy that I can ship something to Europe or Australia and it will arrive in ten days, but take weeks once it hits Canada.

My publishng partner, Arcana Creations is located in Canada and we are working out a plan where, by fall, all BHP orders to Canada will ship from Canada (at Canadian domestic rates) to Canada and eliminate this problem.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm 

Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 pm 

davidc wrote:Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?

Yes, USPS.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm 

davidc wrote:Thanks for the reply John, I will sit tight... Can I ask, what method is it coming, USPS?

I know it's OT but saw your avatar and thought you might get a kick out of this.... I draw on all my kids lunch bags each week (they take 3 days) and when put together make an image......

PreviousNext