OD & D First Print Little Brown Books
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:00 pm 

Picked these up last week. First Prints per identifying info on this site.

Trying find a value. A few notes:

1) No box
2) No staple rust
3) Some staining and notations in both pen and pencil on several pages in the books and on the reference sheets.

Looked on several auction sites and could not find anything on first print books, so asking for estimated value.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:15 am 

Another photo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:51 am 

Hard to tell. If you are asking what they might get on ebay, I (personally) would offer... erm... somewhere up to the $1,000 range (ish), depending upon other pics and the condition (marks etc..). They would look good on display and would make a cool discussion piece for many a games collection. I have previously bought separate books from OD&D sets. BUT, I have a collection and am not avidly acquiring stuff (am also a cheapskate)..  someone who is buying fast to build up a collection might be tempted to go for more. It is unlikely that an empty box can be found to complete the game in the short term, but over the years all sorts of stuff comes up.

Speaking of which, I looked at your other messages and was shocked to see that the last time you posted anything here was nearly 16 years ago! That makes me feel old! … maybe I have been doing this too long?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:46 pm 

A couple years ago, my brother sold his three third print LBB's without the box on EBay for $1,200.  They were written in, colored, rode hard and put away wet, so I would expect your books, which are first prints in better condition, to go for more than that.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:18 pm 

Another photo
Attachment:
20240228_171609.jpg