D&D Set 3 & Set 4
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:04 am 

Hello,
I was listing items on ebay (Set 3 & Set 4) and I thought I had a very reasonable starting bid, but they did not sell. I am wondering what these sets are worth. The box is ripped in set 3. Set 4 has crushed corners. Any suggestions on price/value would be helpful thanks. I have taken them off of ebay.
Thanks

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 am 

If you are going to do auction listings, lower your starting bid.  The starting bid prices were too high for the condition, especially on the Master Rules set.  That scares off most people.  Trust that the market will find the best price for these in the condition that they are in.  They are in demand, but likely not for the starting bid prices you listed them at.

Most of your other items sold for close to what they were worth.

Alternatively, you can list them as a fixed price, with best offer option and wait until someone gives you an offer that is acceptable.  This can sometimes result in a higher sale price.

Your feedback rating, and the shipping costs from Canada, will be a bit of a factor, too.  The shipping cost, in particular, for lower value items like the Ravenloft modules.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:05 pm 

Thank you for your response. I sincerely appreciate this advice. I may list them again on ebay. Thanks very much.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:18 pm 

You can also always list them again at a slightly lower fixed price if you are not in a hurry.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.