Some Gygax items
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:38 pm 

First time poster here, after hemming and hawing for the last few years I've finally decided to start shaving down my collection little by little.  I've been out of touch with the hobby for a few years as well, so any help with setting some prices on these items would be appreciated.

Beasts of Lejend, Lejend Master's Lore and The Lejendary Rules - all in VG (NM to me) shape and all are signed and numbered Author's editions
Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: Cosmos Builder, Nation Builder, Insidiea, Book of Names and Living Fantasy - all VG

All books are unread and have been on a shelf since purchase, the Gygaxian covers seem to be a little "scuffy" when viewed at an angle in the light, but that is the only thing holding those in VG.

Thanks for any guidance!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 pm 

These have steadily risen in value since EGG's passing.

Some estimated values:

Beasts of Lejend, Author's Editions - $150-200
Lejend Master's Lore, Author's Editions - $150-200
The Lejendary Rules, Author's Editions - $150-200

Cosmos Builder - $75-100
Nation Builder - $100-125
Insidiae - $75-100
Extraordinary Book of Names - $100-150
Living Fantasy - $50-75

It would probably be best to list these on eBay, but there are other options.

When you decide to sell, please post the details in the Acaeum Classifieds.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:01 pm 

Legendary rules just sold at the Garycon charity auction for $2000. I know this really can't be used to judge the value but just wanted to say :wink:

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:32 pm 

Whoa!  Was there anything special about that one, other than it was for the charity auction?

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:30 pm 

Thank you so much for the info!  I'm not a fan of eBay are there other options out there?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:17 pm 

The crazy price was because it is the GaryCon charity auction. It was just a normal signed & numbered copy. Everything at the auction went for very high prices, Joe Manganiello won the Gary Gygax sandal for something like $5500. These prices couldn't be used to judge value.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:36 pm 

ogden wrote in Some Gygax items:Thank you so much for the info!  I'm not a fan of eBay are there other options out there?

You will likely get the best price for them on eBay, but you can try RPG Auctions on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGAuctions

RPG Auctions has a separate website too:

RPG Auctions

There is also Role Playing Games & Miniatures (Sales & Trades ) Face book group, but you would have to list them at a fixed price.  You can accept offers, though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGsalestrades

You could also post them in The Acaeum Classifieds with fixed prices and accept offers.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:11 am 

dbartman wrote in Some Gygax items:RPG Auctions has a separate website too:

RPG Auctions

Wow! I didn't know that RPGAutctions moved from FB to a dedicated website! Is that a recent decision? I'd like to hear some user experiences as i was thinking to start selling some items... does the platform work fine? Any issue so far?
Thanks for letting me know!
Ciaooo

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:47 am 

Thank you again!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 pm 

aia wrote in Some Gygax items: I didn't know that RPGAuctions moved from FB to a dedicated website! Is that a recent decision? I'd like to hear some user experiences as i was thinking to start selling some items... does the platform work fine? Any issue so far?

The website has been around for a few years now - maybe since 2020?.  When it started it had some popularity but I don't think it gets much traffic now.  You would get more exposure and do better by listing in the FB group.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:34 am 

Mars wrote in Some Gygax items:
The website has been around for a few years now - maybe since 2020?.  When it started it had some popularity but I don't think it gets much traffic now.  You would get more exposure and do better by listing in the FB group.

Thanks Mark, that is the impression i had... it reminded me how rpgmarketplace.com went... too sad...