Dragonlance TSR Gold Promo bookmarks & Greyhawk coupons
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:27 pm 

Good day fellows.

Years ago, a member of this board, my friend, and long time DM passed away.

His mother wants me to help where I can with appraising some items so that she can help liquidate his collection(Unfortunately, but I will do what I can for her.)

Does anyone know roundabout what these items go for mid-range or lower end? It's a little niche, so it's hard to find a price exactly on the mountain of items that he had.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:46 pm 

Tacomassacre wrote in Dragonlance TSR Gold Promo bookmarks & Greyhawk coupons:Years ago, a member of this board, my friend, and long time DM passed away.

Which member was your friend and DM, Tacomassacre?  

The TSR Gold promo items are pretty scare, and generally valuable. For some info, see:

- Our thread at TSR Gold and other promo items
- Tome of Treasures @ Tome of Treasures - TSR Non-Gaming
- TSR Archive @ https://www.google.com/search?q=promo+s ... s-wiz-serp

While I don't actively track DragonLance stuff at all, I don't recall seeing that promo bookmark before.  I've seen several of the Greyhawk coupons sold over the past decade+ or so.  

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Last edited by grodog on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:48 pm 

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

I have not seen many of these come up on eBay over the past few years so determining a current price is quite challenging.  Perhaps the Burntwire Brothers, members on these forums, can weigh in as they have sold numerous TSR Gold Promo items in the past.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:59 pm 

Hello, you should share who is the fellow and kindly let his mother have my sincere condolescence for her loss.
In addition, my suggestion for you is to post here the auctions of the most important items in the collection as the acaeum is happy to advertise them on the classified board (i am assuming you are listing them on ebay, needless to say).

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:31 pm 

grodog wrote in Dragonlance TSR Gold Promo bookmarks & Greyhawk coupons:
Which member was your friend and DM, Tacomassacre?  

The TSR Gold promo items are pretty scare, and generally valuable. For some info, see:

- Our thread at TSR Gold and other promo items
- Tome of Treasures @ Tome of Treasures - TSR Non-Gaming
- TSR Archive @ https://www.google.com/search?q=promo+s ... s-wiz-serp

While I don't actively track DragonLance stuff at all, I don't recall seeing that promo bookmark before.  I've seen several of the Greyhawk coupons sold over the past decade+ or so.  

Allan.

Thank you for the information!

I'm unsure how active he was on here and I can't say that I've ever know his forum name, but he often chose something similar to Avelmaren in many instances.

I'll be sure to check those links out! Thank you so much again.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:33 pm 

smarmy1 wrote in Dragonlance TSR Gold Promo bookmarks & Greyhawk coupons:Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

I have not seen many of these come up on eBay over the past few years so determining a current price is quite challenging.  Perhaps the Burntwire Brothers, members on these forums, can weigh in as they have sold numerous TSR Gold Promo items in the past.

Thank you for that. He was definitely a fantastic dude. I'll look out for the Burntwire brothers and perhaps see if I can send them an unsolicited DM for advice.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:36 pm 

aia wrote in Dragonlance TSR Gold Promo bookmarks & Greyhawk coupons:Hello, you should share who is the fellow and kindly let his mother have my sincere condolescence for her loss.
In addition, my suggestion for you is to post here the auctions of the most important items in the collection as the acaeum is happy to advertise them on the classified board (i am assuming you are listing them on ebay, needless to say).

I'll let her know that this would be a viable option, thank you very much. One of her (And I guess our, since I help her where I can) biggest issues is some of his more unique pieces being VERY hard to appraise or evaluate simply due to the scarcity of some of the items.

Also, I've named him in an above post. I'm unsure if he was active or not in general posting, but he often mentioned Acaeum in passing throughout the years as him being a member.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:40 pm 

Annnnnnnnnnd since it's been so long since I've used a true forum, I can't figure out how to delete those above duplicate posts. Apologies for all the duplicates. It's been a long day.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:18 pm 

I purchased a set of the Greyhawk experience coupons in September 2021 for $40 plus shipping.

I don’t collect the bookmarks, so no past sales to quote. If I had to guess, I’d say $5-$10.

Keep those oddball items coming, a few of us collect them.

Mike