Signed Items
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:42 pm 

Good Afternoon, everyone.

I was wanting to get a set of 2 items appraised on here as I really don't have much of an idea of what they might be worth. One of them due to the fact I cannot really find the unsigned copy anywhere, much less a signed one.

First is a signed copy of The Complete Psionics Handbook by Steven Winter. This was acquired from Rembert N Parker's Anderson, IN shop before he passed away at the begining of this year. This, however, is not his copy.

The 2nd item is a copy of Gary Gygax's Come Endless Darkness from the Gord the Rogue series taking place in Greyhawk. It's signed to someone named John, the signature dated 1988, same year the book was released. This was found, of all places, in a local christian book store who's owners didn't seem to know who Gygax was, so I acquired it for only $10.

If any more images are requested, I'll do my best to post them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:07 pm 

Looking at sold items (not items for sale) on eBay for both these items, they usually go for around $15-$20 each.  It's common for signatures to not impact the value of an item by much, maybe $2-$3 more at the most.  Condition affects their value way more than a signature.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Signed Items:Looking at sold items (not items for sale) on eBay for both these items, they usually go for around $15-$20 each.  It's common for signatures to not impact the value of an item by much, maybe $2-$3 more at the most.  Condition affects their value way more than a signature.  8)

A signature by the author in this market will definitely impact the price. Especially Gary's. I am happy to buy it for $25 though ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:46 pm 

And I'll raise ya ;)

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:51 pm 

My two cents: since you will likely get diffent opinions on these items, the best option is to list them as auctions, say at 10 bucks of starting price, and see... you need to make clear both books are signed, ideally adding a pic.
The market doesn’t lie at the end of the day.
If you ask my opinion, i don't think the are worth 20 bucks but more... just to manage your expectations, i doubt you will reach a 3-digit figure...