Journey to the Cloud Castle
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:28 pm 

Hi there. I have a module that is called "Journey to the Cloud Castle", by G.L. Whelenbater. It is by the Reilly Associates. It is in mint condition, and I was wondering what it was worth.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:49 am 

Adventures & Hobbies have all the Reilly Associates products available at around $25 a pop. Cloud Castle is $28. They seem to come to market quite a lot. Often signed, although I don’t think I’ve seen a signed Cloud Castle yet.

Put it on eBay. Buyers there for the most part do not check online retailers, and if they are already buying something else it’s always worth throwing in a bid to fill a hole, or satiate one’s curiosity. You may get upwards of $40 for it.

Maybe this is one for our friendly Wilmark muppet to buy out all the old stock and mark it up to $150 a shot once he thinks he’s ‘added value by saving these rare items’ and for just $150 you too can buy in to his magnanimous and most galant of gestures for our hobby. What a wonderful fellow he is.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:38 pm 

I had it ages ago. I don't recall any details about it, so I suspect it wasn't one of those memorable items.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:48 am 

It was well typeset as I recall. They used all the tricks of the age, like paragraphs, straight lines, equal line spacing, columns, etc. Even grammer!
The result is a body of text that feels quite professional (for the time), compact and/or succinct.

A vast depatrure from the diuretic slurry of words and scribbles used by Wilmark Dynasty to get their thoughts onto the page.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:23 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Journey to the Cloud Castle:
A vast depatrure from the diuretic slurry of words and scribbles used by Wilmark Dynasty to get their thoughts onto the page.

Ian you need to let it go.  Deep breath buddy…deep breath… :lol:

-SKA

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:27 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Journey to the Cloud Castle:let it go

We've been playing humanoid races for too long to go back now. A true dwarf of Durin's blood never lets it go!