True Dungeon Tokens
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:07 pm 

Hey there! This is the first time I've posted on this site. I have 11 True Dungeons Tokens. There are 10 of them in each package, and they are shrink-wrapped. The only way you can tell what treasure is on it is on the top coin. I will assume I have to get them out of the shrink-wrap before I know what they are. There are many treasures (scrolls, potions, weapons, etc.) I've never played True Dungeon, and would like anyone who can come up with a value. Thanks for your input!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:34 pm 

I don't think there's much of a benefit to keeping them in the SW, since you won't have any idea what tokens are in the pack.

The value is largely based on what tokens you have.  Some are worth hundreds of dollars, even over $1000 for rarer ones.

Keep in mind that most tokens don't sell for much.

You can also check eBay to see what the sold valuations are for pretty much any True Dungeon token.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:21 pm 

OK-thank you!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:59 pm 

Welcome to the forums Greylake.  You should introduce yourself.

Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors

As for Dungeon Tokens, are they used for computer games or something? Too lazy/tired to look.  I'm in cookie making mode right now.   :lol:

-SKA

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:12 pm 

So, are these plastic discs with stickers on them?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:28 pm 

2003 - They started out as "wooden nickel" type chips with simple printing
2007 - the tokens were upgraded to professionally manufactured metal/plastic chips that have an embossed logo on one side and a full-color image on the other. The tokens are heavy, and with their "gold" color they have the weight and appearance of a gold piece. However, one random token out of every pack of tokens is platinum in color instead of gold.  The tokens are VERY durable and water-proof, and a special clear laminate protects the full-color image very well.

Most dice on the market are made of either acrylic or resin. People like to collect those as well.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:31 pm 

This page explains the tokens for those that might not be aware of how they are used:

Tokens

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:33 am 

dbartman wrote in True Dungeon Tokens:This page explains the tokens for those that might not be aware of how they are used:

Tokens

They do not state that the tokens can also be used for medieval fantasy poker...  :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:48 am 

aia wrote in True Dungeon Tokens:They do not state that the tokens can also be used for medieval fantasy poker...

The tokens are for use with games similar to "Dungeons & Dragons," (tm) which involves the universe of fantasy & mythology. Hence, their purpose, form, & use is also a function of the rules of mythology, wherein something which appears one way may be revealed as something else entirely. For instance, the myth of Perseus & Andromeda is actually about the manufacture of cement. If you are writing an epic poem, & you title it "The Sound of Cement Drying," no one will listen to it. You're better off with a title like "Clash of the Titans," even if you're not sure what a Titan is.

The Krakken in this story is only called that in translation, whereas the original Greek calls it "the monster of the sea," representing the sea itself. The people of early communities living by the sea, like Joppa in the myth, would spend their time on the edge of the water in activities such as fishing or loading goods onto boats. This can be dangerous, as anyone could be swept away & drown. It would be particularly dangerous to small or frail persons such as children, the elderly, & hot teenage girls who are presumably virgins. If you are trying to write an entertaining story, you should pay particular attention to that last category right there. So it is human sacrifice in the Ralph Nader sense that if we didn't have seatbelts, we would be sacrificing a certain average of people each year.

A solution is that cement absorbs water into its structure as it dries, similar to natural limestone. So it literally turns water into a kind of artificial stone. If you want to symbolize this as the head of Medusa, sure. If you want to conflate the legend of Pegasus in order to make a better movie, fine. The real meaning is that you can build concrete piers out into the sea, which makes life safer for everyone. If you happened to be a nice, young, unmarried concrete installer of the ancient world, you would certainly want the community to be grateful for what you have given them. You would especially want the community's population of hot teenage girls to know how you saved their lives, & you will tell any story necessary to make it so.

That's how the story of Perseus & Andromeda really happened. It went something like "Naw, baby, you are not mistaken. That is the faint odor of quicklime. Say, do you know anything about safety statistics? There's a lot of myths out there, but you can take it from me."

&nd that's how you play a hand of poker.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:10 pm 

Greylake wrote in True Dungeon Tokens:Hey there! This is the first time I've posted on this site. I have 11 True Dungeons Tokens.

If you have any of the early True Dungeon adventures (2007 and earlier), I would be interested in those :)

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:20 pm 

Who wouldn't be interested in pre-2008 True Dungeon Adventures? They are very hard to find!

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:13 pm 

Allan: I don't think I have any earlier than 2009-I'm still checking them out.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:56 pm 

Thanks dbartman for the Tokens link. There is another link at www.trenttokens.com that you can actually sell them at. They aren't high priced items (most of them), but I do have a lot of them. Anyway-thanks for the info!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:02 pm 

Greylake wrote in True Dungeon Tokens:Allan: I don't think I have any earlier than 2009-I'm still checking them out.

Thanks for looking!

stratochamp wrote in True Dungeon Tokens:Who wouldn't be interested in pre-2008 True Dungeon Adventures? They are very hard to find!

Agreed, Bill :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/