Adventurer's Guild Modules
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:45 am 

I've had some Adventurer's Guild Modules for awhile which I found again while cleaning up the collection.  Not sure what they're worth.  It's hard to find much info on them.  They all look to be in VG+ condition.  Here are the one's I have:

Retail Play Program Instruction Book
Greyhawk - Ill Omens
Crown of Salt (Forgotten Realms)
Emissaries
A Second Chance (Ravenloft / Grewhawk)
The Heart's Final Beat
The Throne of Huangdi (Marvel Super Heros)
Special Delivery (Forgotten Realms)
Salvage (Alternity)

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

-dave

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:49 pm 

Some sales info is captured at Rares Index (top of the page) but it's not title-specific:

If you're interested in trading, I am interested in the Greyhawk-related ones:

Greyhawk - Ill Omens
Emissaries
A Second Chance (Ravenloft / Grewhawk)

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:29 pm 

An advert in the classified would likely solicit a fair handful of interested parties. I’m sure someone here with the knowledge would be willing to offer their opinion on specific values privately if not on the thread.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:47 pm 

Thanks for the info.  I took a look at the Rares section info.  Is that per issue, or as a group?

I may put something up in the classifieds (I'd prefer to avoid putting them on ebay), although I'm not quite sure how much to ask yet..

I'm assuming they'd go for more individually, although then there are probably some which would be hard to sell.

-dave

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:09 pm 

dsaunders wrote in Adventurer's Guild Modules:Thanks for the info.  I took a look at the Rares section info.  Is that per issue, or as a group?

That's the typical valuation for any one of them.  Condition is a factor, as well as which one is being sold.  You could probably expect that the more popular worlds/products would sell for more.

The more popular examples would be:

Greyhawk - Ill Omens
Crown of Salt (Forgotten Realms)
Emissaries (Greyhawk, Against the Giants)
A Second Chance (Ravenloft / Greyhawk)
The Heart's Final Beat (Ravenloft)
Special Delivery (Forgotten Realms)

Your best bet is to list these as auctions on eBay or Facebook, if you want the most $$ for them.  You could get an offer you can't refuse from a private sale, but that's your call.

If you list these for sale, they will definitely all sell, just not for the same amount.  Some will not be as popular as others, as mentioned previously.  These will definitely sell for a good amount, as long as you don't try to guess what they are worth by listing them with a high starting price.    The starting bid should be reasonable or low.  Otherwise, you might as well try to sell with a BIN or privately, if you are going to do that.

I would be interested in bidding on some of these, if you list them as auctions.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:30 pm 

dbartman wrote in Adventurer's Guild Modules:That's the typical valuation for any one of them.  Condition is a factor, as well as which one is being sold.  You could probably expect that the more popular worlds/products would sell for more.

Thanks for the advice, leaning towards selling them.  They've been in my collection for awhile, but I haven't really had them displayed.  

I think I will try the eBay route if I sell.  Maybe listing the popular ones individually with a $75 starting bid?  And list the three that aren't as popular in a lot together for the same?

If and when I do list I'll take lots of pictures for the listings and will put a message up in the classified section with the links.

-dave

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:53 pm 

You will most likely get the best price by selling them all separately. These aren't items that you want to sell in lots, as they are very specific.

You could probably start with $75, but that wouldn't be necessary.  Even a $1 starting bid would be fine, but that's your call.  With the exception of the less popular ones, they should all sell easily for more than $75.

There are some groups on Facebook that might work out well for you too.  Here's one of the more popular ones:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGAuctions

You would avoid the eBay fees by going the RPG Auctions route, but you might not get the best sale price.  There are other caveats to selling on Facebook vs. eBay too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:03 pm 

Well... those sold for more than I anticipated..

-dave

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:14 pm 

You did well on them.  Congrats!