Tunnels and Trolls Binder Modules and Survival Kit
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm 

I recently won an E-Bay auction for a Tunnels and Trolls Three Ring Binder.
I posted this in the Non-TSR Interesting Items thread about a week ago.
After some researching of my own, I have come to realize I got a danged good deal.
However, my research is sketchy at best.
Still I have some clue as to likely values for the Duneon Modules, but the Binder and Survival Kits I have no idea.

So, I am hoping to get some ideas as to values for the individual items here.

As always; my thanks in advance....

Here is the Binder:

Inside the binder I found the Following items:

1-4) Four T&T Modules and some other stuff all pictured below.
Dungeon of the Bear 1, 2, 3, and Uncle Ugly's Underground Doom.
All of the Modules are First Prints and in very good condition or better with no writing and no tears.
None are mint, as all have been in the binder for who knows how long.

5) Survival Kit, includes 2 double sided sheets (4 pages total) yellow card stock with charts and tables for GM and player.

6) Character Sheets: eight pages (one sided) with four character sets on each page.

Dungeon of the Bear Levels One and Two
ImageImage

Dungeon of the Bear Level Three and Uncle Ugly's Underground Doom
ImageImage

Game Master Kit Sheets
Image Image

Players Kit Sheets
Image Image

Character Sheet

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:05 pm 

:D  Great lot of stuff. Some of it is very hard to find!
dungeon levels 2 and 3 are by no means easy to get.
The Survival sheets are harded yet. Really, the only shot you have getting them on the cheap is when they are stuffed in a box. I can't really put a value on them, because T&T does not exactly have a great collector community, but it is variable as hell.

Congrats.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm 

Thanks.

Yes, the Survival Kit is insanely hard to find.

Uncle Ugly's is also tough to find.

The binder I purchased above was only the second one that I had ever seen.

The only time I have ever seen the Survival Sheets (before these) were reprints (Zerox) sold through T&Ts web site.

As of 2009 T&T still sometimes offered them as an added bonus item in some box sets and with various Summer/Spring/Fall/Winter special sales packages too.

During my research I saw that one seller has listed some of the same Modules and his listing for a 1st print of Level One of Dungeon of the Bear includes the Survival Kit... BIN is $150...

The Module and Kit are stapled together.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

He also has Levels Two and Three of Dungeon of the Bear listed with BINs of $40 each.

Do not know if he has a copy of Uncle Ugly's listed... my search did not uncover one though.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Thanks.
Yes, the Survival Kit is insanely hard to find.

The only time I have ever seen the Survival Sheets (before these) were reprints (Zerox) sold through T&Ts web site.
As of 2009 T&T still sometimes offered them as an added bonus item in some box sets and with various Summer/Spring/Fall/Winter special sales packages too.

Actually, the survival kit is something included in the Binder. If you have a complete Binder, you will have the Survival Kit. I got 2 of these binders, each one including the Survival Kit. It is mentionned in Heroic Worlds as well (included in the T&T Game Master Notebook, there is 2 cardstock sheets, which corresponds to the Survival Kit).

This, and the Dungeon of Bear modules (even Level 2 and 3, and even different prints of each) are not really hard to find, but they appear most of time in a lot, with a lot of other T&T products, or other non-TSR/TSR items. So they go under the radar for almost of them.
I guess that Level 2 and 3 would worth 15-20$ but no more. A lot of other T&T modules are highly rarer than these ones (like Computer Dungeon, T&T supplement, etc)
The Binder would worth 20-25$ considering it is in horrible shape :/

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 am 

Thanks for the details, guys:  I'll have to compare my binder contents as I unpack them (again...).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:42 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Tunnels and Trolls Binder Modules and Survival Kit:
Actually, the survival kit is something included in the Binder. If you have a complete Binder, you will have the Survival Kit. I got 2 of these binders, each one including the Survival Kit. It is mentioned in Heroic Worlds as well (included in the T&T Game Master Notebook, there is 2 cardstock sheets, which corresponds to the Survival Kit).

This, and the Dungeon of Bear modules (even Level 2 and 3, and even different prints of each) are not really hard to find, but they appear most of time in a lot, with a lot of other T&T products, or other non-TSR/TSR items. So they go under the radar for almost of them.
I guess that Level 2 and 3 would worth 15-20$ but no more. A lot of other T&T modules are highly rarer than these ones (like Computer Dungeon, T&T supplement, etc)
The Binder would worth 20-25$ considering it is in horrible shape :/

Check PM, please, lokiwookie