Hello all!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:52 pm 

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Phil Dispenza, originally from NJ and now in FL. I love collecting vintage D&D items. I was introduced to the game back in 1983 when I was in 7th grade. I'm amazed at the amount of
items that were produced for this game, just with original and 2nd edition. Though I have some pieces after 2nd edition, I prefer to concentrate on items of the era I played.

Besides D&D, I collect vintage comic books, trading cards, and video games. I have vast collections of all these. Sometimes I thin myself out trying to spend time with all these hobbies.

The Acaeum is a great source and wealth of information. Scott has been helpful with my questions. I work for CGC and we have been grading D&D items now for a few years and are about to encapsulate sealed product.
Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from anyone with similar interests.

Phil

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:58 pm 

Philflound wrote in Hello all!:I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Phil Dispenza, originally from NJ and now in FL. I love collecting vintage D&D items. I was introduced to the game back in 1983 when I was in 7th grade. I'm amazed at the amount of
items that were produced for this game, just with original and 2nd edition. Though I have some pieces after 2nd edition, I prefer to concentrate on items of the era I played.

Besides D&D, I collect vintage comic books, trading cards, and video games. I have vast collections of all these. Sometimes I thin myself out trying to spend time with all these hobbies.

Phil

Welcome to the boards, Phil.  You are in good company.

... I work for CGC and we have been grading D&D items now for a few years and are about to encapsulate sealed product.

Interesting...I'm sure there are quite a few people here who will love to talk to you about this.   :D

-SKA

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 am 

Welcome! Its great to hear from you! So nice to have you here! Now for the first of a few questions. :)

Will CGC Grade the early Supplements? Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Gods Demi - Heroes, Scrolls and Spells?

I asked a couple of years ago. The response was essentially "send them in and we will let you know." That was fair, but I didn't feel comfortable sending them in if no one knew what they were.

No rush on the response. :) I hope you get some time at work to check this forum each week or month.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:59 am 

Philflound wrote in Hello all!:I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Phil Dispenza, originally from NJ and now in FL. I love collecting vintage D&D items. I was introduced to the game back in 1983 when I was in 7th grade. I'm amazed at the amount of

The Acaeum is a great source and wealth of information. Scott has been helpful with my questions. I work for CGC and we have been grading D&D items now for a few years and are about to encapsulate sealed product.

Phil

welcome