Elmore red box print runs
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:16 am 

Hya, for sure you have already discussed about this case:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

This is a first print run of the red box due to the absence of the bar code on the bottom of the box... the pic on it shows the monocromatic set of dice (the so called mentzer set) while inside a bag of polycromatic dice is present... if the set was unbagged, no question at all... since these are still in a bag i have some doubts (i don't think the seller managed to collect a set and seal it in a bag...). Am i wrong in any part of this case?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:51 am 

Hi Axel,
Something might be getting lost in translation here, but are you asking if those dice are legitimate to that set?
If that's what you are asking, my answer would be no, the seller grabbed a different set of dice and put them with this set to try and sell it as complete.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:45 am 

I believe the 14th printing (the final red box printing as documented on The Acaeum) of this set had dice similar to those, but not this printing.  Stratochamp's commentary is the most likely scenario.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:54 pm 

Thanks for confirming it! I was in doubt about the consistency between back of the box and dice.