Interesting Items just ended on eBay
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 pm 

I was pretty sure they would get a good price, they look like really nice books. The Player's Handbook sale has to be a new record for an unsigned Copy (or maybe even including Signed ones).

Congrats Andy (Boreas), a couple of nice sales today on some sweet looking Firsties!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 am 

Someone got a pretty good score here!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:04 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Interesting Items just ended on eBay:Someone got a pretty good score here!

We'll see how good of a deal it was once it arrives. The 1st DMG does have that *stuff* across the front, and the mottling on the back. The box looks quite beat up, and there are no photos of the contents outside of the rulebook (flawed) and dice.

Again, we'll see. Took a big risk, Vader.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Interesting Items just ended on eBay:
Mister Yuk wrote in Interesting Items just ended on eBay:Someone got a pretty good score here!

We'll see how good of a deal it was once it arrives. The 1st DMG does have that *stuff* across the front, and the mottling on the back. The box looks quite beat up, and there are no photos of the contents outside of the rulebook (flawed) and dice.

Again, we'll see. Took a big risk, Vader.

I bought some Minis from that Seller. Not a great Packager, not bad though.

I'd assume that the Basic Set only had the box, book and dice. The other two pieces aren't too hard to come up with though imho. Glad to see someone here snatched it up, fingers crossed for you!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:47 pm 

Surprisingly, they arrived today. Yes, on a Sunday.

The Holmes box is as expected from the photos. Nothing of note there.

The DMG is certainly a 1st print. The mottling on the rear cover did come up a bit, but I'm afraid that unless I find a way to remove such staining, it's become a permanent feature. The *stuff* on the front mystifies me a bit. It has no texture that I can tell, so it must be very thin if indeed it is a substance. I have not had any success in getting any of it to come off with gentle cleaning. Under a magnifying glass, I might be inclined to think it is a print error, but with one issue: the areas covered appear to be a glossy white, while other areas of white (like the logo) are dull. I also see no real reason (excepting perhaps coincidence) that the *stuff* would not have continued on the rear cover had it been a print error. That leaves the possibility it had been rubbing against something for an extended period of time, like something wrapped in twine. Other than these issues, the book is in very nice condition. The pages are very clean and sharp. No writing noted other than a price on the flyleaf. It does not look to have been used very much. Best 1st DMG I've had in my hands out of four, I think.

As a bonus, I apparently have the original sales receipt, dated August 29, 1979 from Toy World.  8)

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:48 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Interesting Items just ended on eBay:
As a bonus, I apparently have the original sales receipt, dated August 29, 1979 from Toy World.  8)

That's great that you are happy with it - the sales receipt is a nice bonus, I love stuff like that.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm 

Came across these a few weeks ago, but did not bid, as I was not familiar with them.
Hopefully I did not miss out on some great opportunity ;-)  Google search did not turn up anything.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 pm 

They are from the "role playing dioramas" box set.

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:11 am 

Thought I should keep an eye on this pair of Box Sets listed together. Pretty nice condition, not stellar but definitely nice.

Whoa, not bad for a new Seller.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:54 pm 

This was cool and didn't fly under the radar it seems despite not being listed very well, came with an unopened pack of Dragon Dice and a shrink D1

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:48 am 

Two 1st Prints and a 2nd for $360

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:44 pm 

I was keeping an eye on this one due to the Character Sheets included with. I guess those are the 1st or 2nd iteration of the 1977 Sheets.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:05 am 

I was keeping an eye on these Dragons just to see where they'd go.

It's been frequently asserted that the "valuable" Issues are the first 20-30-?. Obviously, the higher the number - the more common the Issue is for pre 2nd Edition Dragons. But I started thinking that higher grade copies up to say the mid 50's were definitely capable of getting much more than a few dollars a piece.
So here we have a bunch (10), decent condition but not great, not very well presented but a reputable seller. Despite those few minor negatives, $27 a piece.

No Feedback has been left yet so we really don't know if the deal went though but... Some food for thought on values for the lesser desired Issues of Dragon.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:23 pm 

This is kind of an odd result. Not even what I'd call "nice" condition

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm 

The gamescience dice in this lot were interesting to me. Any thoughts on their value?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 am 

Minus the 5th print box set, about $660. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:32 am 

The bagged dice are worth the most? Or is it that pink d20?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:00 am 

Several items in the lot have a bit of value, but I hadn't ever seen a set of Gamescience dice in original packaging that old before. The only date is when the warranty expires: 1 Jan 1980.

Next