WOTC still going through TSR archives? WHAT?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 pm 

And, just how many Angels can stand on the head of a pin?  As for the shoes and clothes shopping.  Almost every group I have been in for years has a laundry list of items they want the DM to provide; irregardless of which edition was being played.  At least shoe shopping sounds like role playing instead of video gaming on a tabletop.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 am 

Pipswich wrote:And, just how many Angels can stand on the head of a pin?  As for the shoes and clothes shopping.  Almost every group I have been in for years has a laundry list of items they want the DM to provide; irregardless of which edition was being played.  At least shoe shopping sounds like role playing instead of video gaming on a tabletop.

As many as would like to, presumably.

A laundry list of items for the DM to provide? Wow. When I used to play, we got nuttin' but healing potions and swords +1 and were happy to have, especially trudging back and forth to the dungeon, uphill, in the snow, both ways :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Pipswich wrote:And, just how many Angels can stand on the head of a pin?  As for the shoes and clothes shopping.  Almost every group I have been in for years has a laundry list of items they want the DM to provide; irregardless of which edition was being played.  At least shoe shopping sounds like role playing instead of video gaming on a tabletop.

As many as would like to, presumably.

A laundry list of items for the DM to provide? Wow. When I used to play, we got nuttin' but healing potions and swords +1 and were happy to have, especially trudging back and forth to the dungeon, uphill, in the snow, both ways :).

Your DM was too generous.

I made sure that the +1 items were of a type that the previous owners were likely to prefer, not just swords.  And of course, armour may not fit the characters, particularly if plate.  Nothing beats a brawny fighter looking at +2 plate that is too small for him.......

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 pm 

I'm of the school that gleefully gives that PCs huge piles of magic items; but then fully applies the DMG's saving throws for inanimate objects table.  Nothing quite like finding magic armor, an enchanted sword, elven boots and a ring of spell turning, and they all melt off 30 minutes later in the red dragon's breath.   :twisted:

Previous